PC Changing Resolution Causes Futures Crashes on Startup

TheBilateralGamer

Spazmatism
So I have a weird issue. Sometimes, when I open Terraria on my 4K laptop, it will load past the Re-Logic splash screen and then crash, leaving this message:

upload_2019-6-10_16-31-2.png

So I delete the config.json, reopen Terraria, and everything is fine for a while... until I close Terraria and the same message pops up when I open Terraria again later.
After a bit of experimentation, I realized that Terraria opens completely fine every single time until I change the initial resolution of 800x600 to literally anything else. Fullscreen, windowed, doesn't matter. It's also worth noting that if I change the resolution back to 800x600, close it, and reopen it, Terraria works just fine.
Is there a way I could fix this? If not, that's okay because I can either just delete the config.json file every time or remember to change the resolution back to default whenever I close the game. However, I think that's a bit troublesome.
I think it might also be worth noting that I've never had this problem on my normal computer with its 1680x1050 resolution monitor. This only happens on my 4K laptop. Thank you!

This crash only occurs when LAUNCHING the game from any resolution but 800x600? Correct? If it's launched from 800x600 you can then change and play on any other resolution including fullscreen? Do I understand correctly?

Have you tested other resolutions for launching? Could you get the game in a state where it triggers the crash upon launching and then screenshot the settings you have in your config.json? There's some thigns I want to check.

Back
Top Bottom