Weapons & Equip Charm of Myths and Star Veil

How do you feel about my idea of combining these two items? (the Charm of Myths and the Star Veil.)

• Yes, I'd like to see these items combined.

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • No, I think their combination would be detrimental to the game.

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Double

Terrarian
I feel as though these two items are almost staple for me, now, and whilst they aren't tanky items like the Flesh Knuckles or the Paladin's Shield, they're tanky via increasing your long-term durability. And the other day whilst playing, I discovered the existence of the Celestial Shell, and noticed how strong it was overall. Presenting all-around stat buffs, mobility increases with the Merfolk transformation, but what struck me as good overall is the insane HP regen it has, especially compared to the Charm of Myths.

And thus, I ask the question; am I the only one who'd like to see the Charm of Myths and Star Veil become combinable at the workshop? I mean, they're somewhat similar in terms of survivability terms, and if I as a melee am being given defensive buffs and emnity increasing armour then I would appreciate being able to equip more tank items alongside what I currently have.
Because if I've gotta carry wings and boots in my accessory slots, then these two are both taking up a slot, then I've only got one slot that I can actually dedicate to being either tanky or more offensive. And the effects of these two items are borderline essential, in my opinion, and thus I've been stuck not wanting to give them up and hindering my own stat increments.

I dunno if it'd be a Veil of Myths, or something like that (if any of you would want to sprite a thing I wouldn't complain,) but is there anybody who agrees with me on my above points?
All I'm asking is that their functionality becomes one in the form of a rather nice combined item, and I highly doubt it'll be game-breakingly overpowered or anything like that.

I feel as though these two items are almost staple for me, now, and whilst they aren't tanky items like the Flesh Knuckles or the Paladin's Shield, they're tanky via increasing your long-term durability. And the other day whilst playing, I discovered the existence of the Celestial Shell, and noticed how strong it was overall. Presenting all-around stat buffs, mobility increases with the Merfolk transformation, but what struck me as good overall is the insane HP regen it has, especially compared to the Charm of Myths.

And thus, I ask the question; am I the only one who'd like to see the Charm of Myths and Star Veil become combinable at the workshop? I mean, they're somewhat similar in terms of survivability terms, and if I as a melee am being given defensive buffs and emnity increasing armour then I would appreciate being able to equip more tank items alongside what I currently have.
Because if I've gotta carry wings and boots in my accessory slots, then these two are both taking up a slot, then I've only got one slot that I can actually dedicate to being either tanky or more offensive. And the effects of these two items are borderline essential, in my opinion, and thus I've been stuck not wanting to give them up and hindering my own stat increments.

I dunno if it'd be a Veil of Myths, or something like that (if any of you would want to sprite a thing I wouldn't complain,) but is there anybody who agrees with me on my above points?
All I'm asking is that their functionality becomes one in the form of a rather nice combined item, and I highly doubt it'll be game-breakingly overpowered or anything like that.
I'd like it.
It could be called the Cape of Legends.

yeah, band of regeneration and philosiphers stone are great ideas, but not strong enough to be useful. personally i think philosiphers stone and cross necklace together would be enough, but i guess star veil and band of regen are cool too.

Maybe a combination with the Bee cloak could turn it into an endgame sort of accessory?

That's possible, though the star cloak (imo) is stronger and more useful because of the light the stars bring. If it released some kind of celestial bee spores that seek out enemies but don't die in water, and provide light still, alongside the stars, that would be alright by me.

That would make the player a bit OP (extended invincibility + stars fall when damaged + reduced potion sickness time + faster healing = OP)

Nah not really. The star cloak is almost useless, the stars only deal 30 magic damage. The band of regeneration isn't much better; only healing 0.5 hps or 30 hpm. The cross necklace is good for tanking, but it isn't all too useful in general. The Philosopher's Stone is probably the best, allowing a 33% increase in health potions per minute.

Nah not really. The star cloak is almost useless, the stars only deal 30 magic damage. The band of regeneration isn't much better; only healing 0.5 hps or 30 hpm. The cross necklace is good for tanking, but it isn't all too useful in general. The Philosopher's Stone is probably the best, allowing a 33% increase in health potions per minute.
I say Cross Necklace is much more useful then you give it credit for, its on par with the worm scarf for how much damage overall it blocks.

It's still an increase, you know.

I've always wanted this to be a thing, as I've almost always used the accessories in my playthroughs. Support.

That would make the player a bit OP (extended invincibility + stars fall when damaged + reduced potion sickness time + faster healing = OP)

You act like players can't have both by just using two slots now. And really it is not that bad. Invincibility is a staple anyway, the regen is painfully weak and the star damage is small. Only argument could be made for potion sickness, which is just fixing the current potion flaws. (By that I mean even the best potions not healing much, a borderline unreasonable wait time and the top potion barely obtainable before the final boss. Thank goodness for life steal.) With that in mind 15 seconds really isn't OP.

I agree that these should be combinable. It seems totally sensible to me and seems like a good jumping off point for making another 'pyramid' item of many components. If we are allowed to ever combine with Expert Mode items I think combining it with the Shiny Stone to make something like 'Mythical Glimmer Veil' would be cool IMO. Obviously there are risks to making tank items too compact but, as it is, tank items are highly specific and only really useful both in multiples and basically only with Melee. Having an item that would be useful at more ranges like this one would be cool in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom