Weapons & Equip Cobalt vs. Palladium

What should happen?

• Buff Cobalt

• Buff Palladium

• Nerf Cobalt

• Nerf Palladium

• Stays the Same

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh… Okay. My idea is going to be different than shields, however. I'll have all the items be chlorophyte based + they'll be craftable! (First non-tinker craft able accessory)
Wings ;) But yeah

They seem pretty balanced already.

Here is why: palladium has that life regen thing, but cobalt specializes in agility for melee and ability for ranged/magic. Though damage isnt much of a factor with cobalt, it makes up for itself with its other bonuses. Not all armors are going to be damage based, and cobalt is one that isnt.
At least with my testing, palladium is more effective than adamantite. With 15 HP healed every 5 seconds, this, in a way, can be thought as defense, which would be 30 defense to block the 15 damage. Changing palladium's effect to +30 defense against one attack every 5 seconds would be about the same thing it is now. The stat bonuses from cobalt aren't enough to keep it on the same level.

Exactly what i said in my last post. Cobalt is better in movement and attacking ability, and palladium is better in attack/defense. It balances out. Without palladium's regen bonus, cobalt would actually be better; attack speed and movement speed gives much more of an offensive edge that pure power.
Palladium gives a better melee speed bonus than cobalt though, as well as more mana for magic users. The only thing cobalt does better is let you move faster and fight longer, but faster movement speed doesn't help much in combat and it would be better to kill an enemy faster than to drag out a fight

Obviously nobody ever sees my points... I give up. Agree to disagree.

I do however think pretty much every other original ore other than mythril is outdone by its counterpart... But thats for a different thread ;)

But palladium focuses on DPS rather than the abilities of the user. Palladium specializes in damage/crits, and cobalt specializes in movement/attacking ability, so its kind of hard to even compare them to one another because they are so different.
Movement speed is so minor, you can barely even notice it. Who reforges accessories to Quick or Violent? Almost everyone hopes for Menacing, Lucky, or Warding, or weaker versions of the three. Cobalt might let you get from one side of the map 5 seconds faster than Palladium, but Palladium will keep you alive far longer, as well as defeat enemies faster. It deals more damage in both raw damage and through crits (more crits as well as stronger crits), takes 2 to 3 less damage, and heals 15 HP every 5 seconds. Palladium is far superior. Maybe if you forgot the healing ability, they'd be about equal, but it heals.

EDIT: The crits are the same.. my mistake. Still though, palladium has stronger crits due to more damage.

Last edited:
Movement speed is so minor, you can barely even notice it. Who reforges accessories to Quick or Violent? Almost everyone hopes for Menacing, Lucky, or Warding, or weaker versions of the three. Cobalt might let you get from one side of the map 5 seconds faster than Palladium, but Palladium will keep you alive far longer, as well as defeat enemies faster. It deals more damage in both raw damage and through crits (more crits as well as stronger crits), takes 2 to 3 less damage, and heals 15 HP every 5 seconds. Palladium is far superior. Maybe if you forgot the healing ability, they'd be about equal, but it heals.
First of all my favorite accessory mod is violent. Second, melee speed increases DPS greatly. Third, movement speed can make dodging much easier.

However, like i said before, nobody ever gets my points, so agree to disagree. I personally prefer cobalt.

Second, melee speed increases DPS greatly..

Only for weapons in the broadsword/shortsword category. Any other melee weapon just gets its speed boosted, but the amount of times you can swing it is unaffected.

By the way, Cobalt is just dirt awful. I prefer Crimtane over it. If I don't have Crimtane, I just skip the armour anyway. I usually skip straight to Adamantite/Titanium unless I can get Palladium on the way. The good thing to do is just to get rid of the original's bad set bonuses. The Melee one is all right, but the Mage and Ranged are flat-out useless and all three are incredibly uninteresting in comparison.

Cobalt Armor does have very good Melee Speed enhancements, which is good for normal enemies and using boomerangs. Flails are kinda unaffected though.
[DOUBLEPOST=1415136194][/DOUBLEPOST]What you were trying to say, but Meta Knight Covered.

Cobalt Armor does have very good Melee Speed enhancements, which is good for normal enemies and using boomerangs. Flails are kinda unaffected though.
[DOUBLEPOST=1415136194][/DOUBLEPOST]What you were trying to say, but Meta Knight Covered.
Right, yeah that. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but melee speed is my favorite artribute, being a boomerang user.

Palladium doesn't have great raw stats, but has a useful special ability to make up for it. I think we should take a parallel approach with Cobalt.

Melee Speed is an amazing attribute. +27% Melee Speed is amazing! It causes Paladin's Hammer Use Time go from 14 to 10.5. Not much of a change, but still a change.
[DOUBLEPOST=1415136443][/DOUBLEPOST]Palladium's raw stats (and defense) are actually great. Just slightly lower than Cobalt. And even better in some ways.

Back
Top Bottom