Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
The Combat Wrench seems to have a nasty habit of pulling enemies towards you, which I believe to be caused by it's multi-hit functionally.
The first hit will stop the enemy and make the boomerang begin returning, then the second hit deals knockback that pulls the enemy towards you, probably because the weapon is traveling towards you as well. This can be extremely frustrating in close quarters, as fighting back only draws you closer to death.

Example (for the worthy & master mode):
should be noted that I have seen this on less extreme difficulties but its most noticeable here since you die in 3 or less hits

While that is pretty unlucky, I don't believe it's a bug per se.
The Combat Wrench can pierce through enemies, effectively hitting them twice. One shot pushes them away, one pulls them in.

On a slightly related note, the same thing can happen with the flying knife due to its erratic behavior.

The reason why that happens is probably because the direction of the hit is based on the horizontal direction the wrench is moving.
I think It's a bug because I don't remember seeing that same behavior on other kinds of items. Even flails doesn't do that.

Back
Top Bottom