Official Community Poll - Removal of Most Likes/Messages Tabs

Should the Most Messages/Most Likes tabs be removed from the Members page?

• YES - I support removal of BOTH of these tabs

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • NO - I want the tabs to remain visible as they are

Votes: 366 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also "WTF?! What is this even?!" sounds very passive aggressive. Maybe mods didn't want to say about it being a collective data earlier, so more people actually vote, choose their opinions mindfully and state them. If it was said that final result doesn't matter into the final decision as it's up to devs and it's only for seeing what people think, what would be the point of voting for most people?

I think the main problem is that when the poll was opened, it was very much advertised as "whichever option wins, happens". Either this was just a wrong impression given (or received) or the mods were overruled, but still, I can understand the frustration, the idea of your vote or the time you spent debating the topic being nullified in the end (something very similar is going on in the Netherlands at this very moment, although that matter is of course far more important than a few forum tabs).

The only gripe I really have with the Most Likes tab (Devil's advocate, mind you), is that people who become inactive stay on it. I don't think wiping their likes is at all fair either, so that's a tiny bit of a problem. I'm surprised nobody brought that up yet, actually.

Last edited:
The only gripe I really have with the Most Likes tab (Devil's advocate, mind you), is that people who become inactive stay on it. I don't think wiping their likes is at all fair either, so that's a tiny bit of a problem. I'm surprised nobody brought that up yet, actually.

I actually brought up how inactive users/ones who have quit stay on the most likes back in my post here. Though a little after that, the Mods intervened in the thread since it was getting very heated.

I think the fact that some users are users who have become inactive/quit is the main issue when people claim that users on the "Most likes"/"Most messages" board are the "most helpful". Since users who are inactive/quit the Forums can't be helpful if they can't reply to questions.

Is it seriously that big of a deal to remove them? Keep them there. Its actually kinda interesting to see who has the most.

Though, spamming can affect the most posts section, so you need to be able to silence accounts that spam to get to the top.

Some people like to post stuff for likes so they feel better about themselves, so in a way removing it may or may not alter the flow of status updates that I enjoy reading so much.

I think yes, they should stay, simply because it's interesting to see the statistics. As others have said, I doubt anyone will cause a big deal if they're removed, though.

I don't know the backstory behind this "issue", but when I first joined the community I looked second (the first thing was the suggestion section) at those lists.
Why? Because the lists feature the most popular people currently on the forum, and you can't get on that page merely by :red:posting. Even if the person just wants the likes, isn't it worth it to let a person strive to create quality content on the forums? I consider that page to be a valuable resource, the only thing that bugs me about it is that developers/staff members may also appear on that page, despite having their own.

While they may create toxicity, I honestly don't think anyone but a vocal minority of people actually compete to see who has the most posts or most likes and I consider that this section is valuable enough as a resource to keep it. I think normally only competitors are harmed (again, I don't follow the drama on this subject, I pretty much never read profile posts so I don't know all the issues that happened), besides it's stated that like farming is forbidden in the rules and if they do it without providing with content they'll get sanctioned.

The most posts section is really useless though, it should be replaced with a "biggest posting debit" section where you can see which members have been most active during the past week. Plus the section is now crowded, and not many people will beat even 2k posts, so if a 10k+ post user decides to leave, even if a person decides to post daily with quality stuff he/she won't be noticed, because the place is taken already.

I repeat, I don't follow the drama, but this community to me is a really friendly environment compared to others, I don't recall seeing any major toxic stuff in the past 6 months.

My vote for this is no, and I'm kinda late but whatever.
I don't know the backstory behind this "issue", but when I first joined the community I looked second (the first thing was the suggestion section) at those lists.

Why? Because the lists feature the most popular people currently on the forum, and I
While they may create toxicity, I honestly don't think anyone but a vocal minority of people actually compete to see who has the most posts or most likes.

They're pointless, but so is the idea of removing them.

If these "add-ons" you claim might not even work, why even take the risk? I think I would rather have a normally functioning forum rather than a slightly broken forum. Besides, I've only checked the page once because I was curious. I couldn't care any more now. All it does is show who has the most messages and likes. If you're agitated by that, then I don't know what to say about that.

I get the feeling the massive risks outlined in the OP turned a lot of people against the removal but if the people want leaderboards so be it.

You just won't get me to stop calling them leaderboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom