• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Companion Pedestals: Show off your pets!

Companion Pedestal Yes!

• yAYA!!!

Votes: 31 93.9%
  • p!!!!!!!!!! (Maybe)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Nein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WoRk NeEdEd (eXPLN PLZ)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
So, I love collecting pets, mounts, and other summons, but I've always wished there was a way to display ones you've collected without equipping them. So, I introduce to you, companion pedestals!

Comoanion Pedestal Item.png
Companion Pedestal.png

The companion pedestal is crafted with 20 wood and 5 stone at a heavy work bench. Once you place the pedestal, you can put any pet, light pet, minion, sentry, or mount summoning item in it.

Puppy Pedestal.png
Puppy display
Cube Pedestal.png
Companion Cube display
Skull Pedestal.png
Skeletron Pet display
Wisp Pedestal.png
Wisp display
Slime Pedestal.png
Slime Minion display
Dragon Pedestal.png
Stardust Dragon display
Frost Hydra Pedestal.png
Frost Hydra display
Slimey Pedestal.png
Slime Mount Display
Pigron Pedestal.png
Pigron Mount Display

(Yes, there are some 1x1 pixels in the displays, but I had to shrink the items to fit them in the stone part, just like how items are shown in Item Frames. Also, I tested all the largest summons, and they all fit.)

This could be useful, as only one mount/pet can be used at a time. This would allow players to show off all of the pets that they have gotten. The ability to show off minions could be used for decoration, or quick access to the desired staff. This could also work for fast access to pets and mounts.

The item could be removed from the pedestal by clicking it again, but the summon would disappear with it. Summons with multiple textures (pirate staff, pygmy staff, optic staff, etc.) could be placed on the pedestal multiple times until the desired sprite appears.

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments!

Divider.png

Support Companion Pedestals!

Companion Pedestal Banner.png

Copy dis into your signature:
Code:
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/companion-pedestals-show-off-your-pets.58883/#post-1393773"][img]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/companion-pedestal-banner-png.207543/[/img][/url]

Last edited:

Plm1123

Skeletron Prime
So would the pedestal look differnet depending on the gen used? Otherwise I would use amethyst every time I craft it (being the cheapest and most common of gems)

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
So would the pedestal look differnet depending on the gen used? Otherwise I would use amethyst every time I craft it (being the cheapest and most common of gems)
The gem used would not make a difference in the stand color. That could be an interesting concept though. I might see if I could do something like that.

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
The problem I see with this feature is that endgame or rare items could easily be stolen. Maybe make it so only the person who placed the item in the pedestal can remove it/ destroy the pedestal.
You do make a good point here, but it could be the same for if you put it in a chest or weapon rack/item frame. You could just break it and take it. Good thought though!

Top Bottom