Official Console and Mobile updates ETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoshi nailed it. Nothing is designed for the most powerful link in the chain...rather the weakest (within reason). That said, I get the feeling that the <1gb mobile devices may have issues soon (that is not anything official, just a guess).

That that point it will continue to be an ever-moving target I would guess - older devices falling off, top end device users saying "I have the new 8gb phone, why can't you make it better for me". It's the curse of a game that loads everything into ram and that has been supported with free size able content updates (and still will be). Sorry to wax theoretical. :p

That said, The items you cited are not technical issues, they are issues with the current UI design. 505 Mobile already noted that a full UI revamp is in the plans (such would quite likely include adding those things).

Loki, is it possible to get hellforges as a drop in mobile terraria? I was playing on my iPad yesterday and I was around the area where he'll starts. There was a skeleton that tried to attack me, so I killed it and I picked 4 hell forges up off the ground as loot. I thought that maybe I might have mined a hellforge but I'm positive there wasn't any nearby. Is this a bug or is it in the game?
Also I made a house with Windows (fence on the sides) and when I place a table under the window and try to place a bowl the whole table destroys and I pick both the table and bowl back up.

Hellforges should only be "mineable" from the houses in UW as far as I've ever seen.

Can you please report that bug along with any images and descriptions to the 505 games support portal (it's in their sig)

Could have been a glitched hellforge (like a 4th of one hiding) by the skeleton and maybe there was a pot by the hellforge and it updated the glitched forge then generated 4 forges. When I found a glitched chest (only found 1 so far) updating the area around it (just 1 block from it) will make it glitch and drop 2-4

Ibihr scheibiiß hubirensöbine, wabin kobimmt ebindlich dabis ubipdate aubiif meibiin wibindow phobin ibihr spabisten !!?? Ibich habibe fübinf eubiiro dabifür bebizahlt ubind fabist neubinzig mebigabyte abin meibiinen dabiten vobilumen vebirbraucht ibihr fibicker!!!

No. 1.1/2/3 are the so-called major updates.

That doesn't mean that a 1.2.4 isn't fantastic in its own right (fishing, minecarts, etc) - but it's not the size of a 1.2, no.

Of course, Mobile is getting Frost Moon, 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 all at once - so that makes this one even larger (but still not 1.2 sized) for them

The only problem is that this is the latest mobile devices and not everybody can upgrade at the moment (Im still around 700mb ram) but eventually as they get cheaper (and more powerful devices will be made I assume) theyll ditch the super low end bunch of device maybe in the next 2 years or so. PC have been in the 4gb mark for years (I think a decade already at this point).
This is mostly the reason why they choose to limit things on mobile, also PC is more accessible in storage, have better graphics processors, and other things to list.

Get yourself a windows phone. Quad core, 1gb RAM fast and safe OS for around 120 bucks.... (Lumia 550 with windows 10 130$, Lumia 640 with windows 8.1 130$)

honestly even though we're not getting the full update on console yet it's better to have bug fixes rather than more content. that being said I'd love to squash the Martian Madness event and the Moon Lord.

Im broke at the moment also saving any money I earn for classes (college). Its better to not assume people can afford or are in the position to get/buy one, not a negative reply just stating so :)

Just a suggestion:)
Edit: I also don't buy a new phone every year. But after 3 years of using my old phone it broke and had to buy a new one. Hopefully I can use it more than 2 years to safe money too :D

Loki Will console exclusives always be exclusive or is 505 games planning on adding them to pc and/or mobile. As well as mobile exclusives.

One console exclusive I want to be introduced to mobile is the horned god outfit. Is this going to be implemented in this update or will it stay a console exclusive for good?

Doubt any of that will ever make it to PC. Doesn't fit with what Redigit has envisioned for that version.

No idea about if it will be shared between console and mobile - that's not something I've never asked to be honest

I'm.... not so sure this is a strong argument anymore. For reference, here are the Terraria PC recommended stats:
  • Processor: Dual Core 3.0 Ghz (min: 2.0 Ghz)
  • Memory: 4GB (min: 2GB)
  • Hard Disk Space: 200MB
  • Video Card: 256mb Video Memory (min: 128mb), capable of Shader Model 2.0+
Compare to last generation phones, e.g. Galaxy S5 (with all caveats for differences in architecture, etc):
  • Processor: Quad Core 2.5 Ghz
  • Memory: 2GB
  • Hard Disk Space: enough
  • Video Card: Adreno 330 (shared memory, AFAICT)
I'm not doing this to be pedantic, but to make the point that we're getting pretty darn close with most mobile devices to minimum PC specs, and in some cases may now be exceeding recommended PC specs.

So I'm dubious that there is a fundamental hardware limitation preventing a mobile developer from implementing, e.g., an extra menu tab for housing assignments, a chest naming button, some extra boxes for accessory vanity/dye slots, etc.

"Technically impossible" is just a very strange phrase to apply to UI elements like these—even more so when we step back and admit that most mobile devices today are actually fairly capable computers with screen resolutions comparable to a decent laptop.

So... what are we missing here? Huge worlds and live action behind the pause menu may indeed be technically impossible on mobile, but changing your hair to a different sprite? :merchantrolleyes:
As Loki said, that's top of the line, they're not aiming for a game that only runs on the latest phones. There are UI limitations for Mobile because a phone's screen is only so large. Resolution is fine but if the buttons are too small or close together then adult fingers are going to have trouble targeting them properly. It would seem that a UI update is on it's way though. :)

Soo...can someone tell me how the update works on different devices like ios and Android because so far all I know is that the update is not close to finishing :/
The update is going through certification with the different publishing companies. It's done but has yet to be released until it passes certification.

:mad:We don't have pc 1.3 on mobile because 505 games doesn't want to do it and that's all. It's more than obvious that some new gen phone can run it but they still want us in 1.2 maybe because relogic wants people to buy it at pc because its more expensive. Hearstone was passed to mobile really good and it has Alina same spec requirements.

I have been waiting a lot for it but the day just doesn't seem to come so I just gave up on waiting. I'll have to fish on pc the problem it's I don't have time for it.
1.3 hasn't come to Console's yet either. This latest update needs to be released, and probably hotfixed, before they can update to 1.3 for any of the ported versions.

we get mounts, just not the bee mount and slime mount
[DOUBLEPOST=1449079997,1449079962][/DOUBLEPOST]but we get the angler :)

and the bunny mount and the reindeer mount
We have had the reindeer mount on consoles since last year I think.

The cheapest, best tablet I've seen is the Fire HD 6. 1.5 GHz, 16 GB or 8 GB, quad core processor, and comes in 3 colors for only 79.99. It has at least 1 GB of RAM, but I don't know. That should be enough to run Terraria if your budgeting your bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom