Console & Mobile News: Wii U Release and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to increase the maximum player number in multiplayer for all devices or is that an impossible thing to do because of device capability?

I believe the Wii u may use splitscreen and the Wii u pro controllers as well as the gamepad, but only time will tell, pro controllers are similar to Xbox and PS controllers and have viability though

If the Gamepad is used at all on the Wii-U version, I would believe it would be for among these three things, now that it is confirmed that local multiplayer is 1-4 Players:
  1. Player with the Gamepad can quickly access their inventory screen via Gamepad.
  2. Player with the Gamepad can view the map screen via the Gamepad.
  3. Player with the Gamepad gets a secondary screen to use when the main screen is unusuable. (most likely option)

Last edited:
Can anyone else tell me, once the new update comes out on consoles, will you be able to get the new items in an existing world? Or will you have to start anew for it to take effect?

Certain items are craft able ,these you can get in old worlds, any new item dropped by a boss will also be able to be gotten, but if there is any new item that can only spawn in world generation, e.g. items in chests, you'll need to start I new world, I believe all the significant new items are sold by NPCs, dropped from bosses or crafted, you can get stylist as long as you have a spider nest

I'll check the change log and report in afterwords

List of everything they listed to add

GAMEPLAY MECHANICS

• Wearable Accessories
  • Chest Naming
  • Infinite Wiring
  • Ability to change Hair Style in-game
  • Ability to change your default clothing at a dresser
  • Vanity Wings (dyable)
  • Ability to place Switches and levers on a wall

MECHANIC CHANGES/BALANCE
  • BALANCE: Reintroduce Re-Spawn timer
  • BALANCE: Other Balance changes
  • Reintroduce Coin Gun (loot – pirate invasion)
  • IMPROVEMENT: Overwrite console auto-dig code with PC auto-dig code
  • BUG: Reduce ore sparkles brightness
  • BUG: Don't show enemies names when they are in darkness.
  • BUG: Only auto-place 1 torch per press
  • BUG: Heart crystal plays shatter sounds every hit, instead of when it breaks
  • Remember hits for tiles
  • ART: Update splash screen
  • BUG: Fix minion sacrificing code (bug: The Tempest Staff fails to summon Sharknado if another minion is already present.)

NPCs
  • Stylist

ITEMS
Firefly in a Bottle
Lightning Bug in a Bottle
Mallard Duck Cage
Monarch Butterfly Jar
Purple Emperor Butterfly Jar
Red Admiral Butterfly Jar
Ulysses Butterfly Jar
Sulphur Butterfly Jar
Tree Nymph Butterfly Jar
Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly Jar
Julia Butterfly Jar
Spectre Mask
Diamond Ring
Crimson Cloak
Mysterious Cape
Red Cape
Winter Cape
Bee Headgear
Bee Breastplate
Bee Greaves
Hornet Staff
Imp Staff
Queen Spider Staff
Spider Mask
Spider Breastplate
Spider Greaves
Slimy Saddle
Bee Wax
Sail
Honeyed Goggles
Optic Staff
Spider Staff
Pirate Staff
Slime Hook
Sticky Grenade
Molotov Cocktail
Spider Fang
Slime Gun
Seashell
Starfish
Blue Dungeon Chandelier
Green Dungeon Chandelier
Pink Dungeon Chandelier
Weapon Rack
Fireworks Box
Firework Fountain
Music Box – Pumpkin Moon
Music Box – Alt Underground
Music Box – Frost Moon
Music Box – Underground Crimson
Life Hair Dye
Mana Hair Dye
Depth Hair Dye
Money Hair Dye
Time Hair Dye
Team Hair Dye
Biome Hair Dye
Party Hair Dye
Rainbow Hair Dye
Speed Hair Dye
Hair Dye Remover
Ducky Wallpaper
Confetti Block
Confetti Wall
Confetti Block - Black
Confetti Wall - Black
Living Fire Block

So I'd say if you REALLY want the dungeon chandeliers start a new world, the rest can be dropped, bought or crafted

Cross-Platform for 3DS and Mobile for Multiplayer but i think mobile online multiplayer will be the best. But i think it is fun to see that iOS, Android and 3DS are playing together.

Then how will there be Local Multiplayer?
If you read the post, it said that Local Splitscreen is available for up to 4 players and Online for up to 8 players
[doublepost=1462983301,1462983135][/doublepost]Also, I think splitscreen will only affect the TV screen, rather than the Gamepad Screen

yo.. i got the 3ds version and when i was fighting the goblin army, everytime i hit a chaos ball, goblin gibs pop out. ew.

Hopefully this update will fix all world crashing problems, my cloud world keeps crashing and it's my home world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom