Console/Mobile source code

Status
Not open for further replies.

equazcion

Skeletron Prime
I frequently work on the wiki (I'm now an admin there) and I've found the PC source package instrumental in verifying or debunking the things people add, documenting the mechanics behind game elements, and so forth.

The articles on console- and mobile-exclusive game elements often stagnate though, since wiki editors tend to be using the PC version, and we can't use the console/mobile source code to expand details or verify edits. Those source packages don't seem to be as readily available as they are for the PC version. If someone changes a crafting recipe or item statistic for a console/mobile exclusive element at the wiki, we often have very few ways of determining whether it's vandalism or a legitimate correction. Console/mobile imagery is also slow to get to the wiki, since it's not easily obtained for the same reasons.

I'm wondering if anyone has access to the console/mobile source files, or if that could be arranged somehow for use by wiki editors.

You're not really dealing with Re-Logic; you're dealing with 505Games and that other company that does the mobile version.

They should give it to you (and the other admins!) if you ask, although they aren't obligated to do anything that Re-Logic does, so they might not.

It may be best to contact Logan at 505Games. This is because the publishers choose where the contents can go.

Getting official sprites would be best as well.

The source code is essentially the culmination of everything that has been worked on. I seriously doubt they are going to give it out.

If you want an answer, you'll need to tag @505Games except, you don't because I just did :p.
The reason it's not readily available, is console and mobile versions are not allowed to be modded in any ways. Keeping the source code secret helps that happen. As you're a wiki admin they might pm you it though, if you're lucky, and you promise not to make it readily available.

For the reasons darthmorf mentioned, amongst others, we won't be giving out the source code at this time. I apologize if this makes your work on the wiki more difficult - we certainly greatly appreciate all that the wiki editors and admins do to keep that valuable source of information up-to-date!

For some reason I didn't notice all these replies until now. Thanks, 505, for the response, and everyone else for the input. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom