Console console to pc is worth it

Slashtag

Terrarian
if you ever get the chance to switch to pc form console its worth it terraria is a game on pc that does not require a lot of hardware
i got a gaming pc almost a year ago and i still use my console and terraria is a really cheap steam game so if your ever get the chance switch

Side story
i have a friend how i am going to call Ad
he came over a few months ago and he plays only terraria on console he spent the night i woke up at 2am to see him on my pc playing i was not mad caused it would be a while before he got to play 1.4
he finished his goal and fought the empress of light

and ways if you get a chance switch

the least requirements you need to run terraria ok
is

• Processor: 2.0 Ghz
  • Memory: 2.5GB
  • Hard Disk Space: 200MB
  • Video Card: 128mb Video Memory, capable of Shader Model 2.0+
  • DirectX®: 9.0c or Greater

I got a gaming PC a couple of weeks ago. I’ve always been a console player, therefore I played terraria on console. I decided to buy Terraria for steam because it was only $10 USD.

Holy moly the game runs so smoothly. It’s so much easier to access my inventory and move stuff around, I no longer have to have an item in the hot bar to use it, aiming is literally point-and-click. Also, 1.4.

It’s hard to describe exactly why but after switching it feels like Terraria was just meant to be a PC only game. And it was after a while, but of course it was ported to other systems. Respect to the people who ported it but PC just seems like way to go.

god damn was the switch of platforms good, I still don't get why people are so adamant about not playing the PC version at all. so many options open up including accessibility options for impaired gamers which in our current generation of technology of consoles and smartphones is not possible.
(P.S if these people are so stubborn that PC gaming is too expensive to get into but buy the latest apple smartphone every year they might need to reconsider their spending habits to afford a mid line workstation PC)

Speaking about Terraria specifically, the pc version is always going to be ahead (and better in certain aspects) since it's developed on pc first and then ported to other platforms. At least until the pc development stops, which will happen sometime in the relatively near future (that's why it's called Journeys End).

Speaking generally about console gaming versus pc gaming, it's not as clear cut. At the beginning of a console generation you can get really powerful hardware relatively cheaply compared to a pc with similar specs. We will see that this november when the next generation of consoles are released. This "cheap" hardware comes with a hidden cost: You get locked into the console manufacturer's eco system. And games are generally more expensive although not by that much. There are even some games that aren't available elsewhere. For many people it's probably ok as it is a generally trouble-free existence.

As time goes on you can eventually pick up a pc with similar specs (or even better) for a relatively cheap price. But it usually takes some time. You generally have more options available and there aren't really any hidden costs. You do need to be more mindful of what you have bought as some pc games may be more demanding. So it's less trouble-free compared to console. But things are generally getting better compared to how it used to be.

An interesting thing that happens right now is that many games that used to be only on console are also released on pc. Microsoft will release all future games on both pc and Xbox. And Sony have recently released some games on pc that only were available on console previously. It seems they intend to release more.

Also the next generation of consoles won't have fixed specs (we saw a little bit of that with the current gen). There may be even more powerful models in the future, and games should be compatible with all variants.

Back
Top Bottom