Constant "There was an error uploading your file"

Roxxz

Golem
The forums keep saying that there is an error when I try to upload a file (tried many different files in different posts) the error says "There was an error uploading your file". I tried many times since yesterday with different files and on different posts including this post.

The forums keep saying that there is an error when I try to upload a file (tried many different files in different posts) the error says "There was an error uploading your file". I tried many times since yesterday with different files and on different posts including this post.
Are you trying it from a phone or iPad? I get those errors sometimes on my iPhone or iPad when I try to upload a file that I know fits the requirements. And then all of a sudden, it will upload.

It would help to know what sort of files you are trying to upload, only certain file extensions are accepted. There is also a size limit per file.

It would help to know what sort of files you are trying to upload, only certain file extensions are accepted. There is also a size limit per file.

I'm on pc. I tired many different files and sizes. Zip, txt png. All less than 150kb I cant upload anything. The only thing that works is copy pasting pictures in threads but it only works for pictures.

I have occasionally had problems using the Flash-based loader for attachments.

On your Preferences, try turning that off:

flash loader option.png

Make sure you click the Save button at the bottom of the page for the change to take effect.

Which browser are you using? (I use Firefox).

I really don't know what causes the issue - the flash-based loader stopped working for me a while back so I turned it off. Now it seems to work again.

I don't know if it has anything to do the version of Flash you have (it updated this week to v. 24.0.0.186 for Windows/Mac).

We did have a small update for the forum software on Monday, I'll have to check to see if anything there might affect that, but you're the first/only one to bring it up.

I just turned the flash loader back on in my preferences.

flash loader option.png (the image above was uploaded with the flash loader off)

eta: Seems to be working for me.

Attachments

• loren ipsum.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 191
  • loren ipsum.zip
    449 bytes · Views: 111
Back
Top Bottom