Other Content after the Moon Lord

somsim

Official Terrarian
Hey all

Just a suggestion, shouldn't there be more challenge after the Moon Lord? I mean since he drops luminite bars, which makes your character even more powerful shouldn't there be more challenge after the Moon Lord? You could of course battle him in expert-mode, but it wouldn't it be cool with another event like the pumpkin moon, or martian madness? Like an optional thing?

I was thinking that the event didn't really drop combat items, but rather a :red:load of rare vanity and furniture items? So we would have a final challenge without making your character more powerful, and at the same time rewarding you. :) just a thought

exactly. i hate it when they add cool gear you get after finishing everything. then you have nothing new to use it on.

A new, stronger side-boss might be neat. Definitely no "main" thing though. Moon Lord is way too final, and it would just get repetitive to keep building the skyscraper higher.

Perhaps the Frost and Pumpkin Moons could be saved for when this armor is obtained? From what I've read about it's insanely hard with pre-1.3 endgame gear, but maybe the Luminite armors could level the playing field into a more normal boss/player power difference.

Last edited:
I guess getting 1.3 isn't enough? People these days, they want something, get it then say, eh could have been better and have more to it.

People can't just to stop and think, huh maybe I guess since I can't code, never will, that maybe, just maybe, this was a pretty nice update that was well needed.

This game never had a goal, it's a sandbox game. What was your goal prior to getting the best armor you can get, it was to get the best armor you can get, wasn't it? That's why you got it. Now set a new goal. If you want a greater challenge, go play expert mode, it will give you plenty of uses for your newly acquired armor since the enemies still hit hard. If not, find another goal that would drive you to play the game we all love. Maybe collect all weapons? Maybe build something? Trade, make challenges, install mods if you wish to do so. A sandbox game has an endless amount of goals as long as you are setting them for yourself.

I guess getting 1.3 isn't enough? People these days, they want something, get it then say, eh could have been better and have more to it.

People can't just to stop and think, huh maybe I guess since I can't code, never will, that maybe, just maybe, this was a pretty nice update that was well needed.
As a matter of fact I can code, so I know how hard it is.. I just suggested a simple event or side boss.

I agree, this would be a great addition. But I don't think that the developers want to hear about anything big right now considering that they just finished releasing 1.3 and still have to fix bugs with it. But when 1.4 comes along I would love to see this boss arrive!

A Pumpkin and Frost moon update would have been cool, like new solar eclipse event, where there are different enemies/drops pre and post plantera 'd love to see a pre and post Moon Lord Pumpkin/Frost Moon, those event didn't got nothing new anyway...or as an option being able to summon the pillars without triggering another Moon Lord fight, I would also be ok with with martian madness, but it isn't easy to trigger...

Are you new to Terraria? Ever since the game came out years ago they always keep adding updates and it is always: keep progressing until you can't anymore, beat the hardest boss and get the best gear. Every content update is like this. First it was beat the bosses and get lava gear, then it was beat the wall of flesh, then it was beat the mechanical bosses to get up to hallowed, then it was beat plantera for the dungeon gear/spectre/shroomite, then it was beat golem to get beetle armor, then it was beat duke fishron for the strongest weapons like the flairon, now moon lord.

There will be more updates, and if they add a new boss after Moon Lord it will be the same thing. Beat him and get awesome (possible best) gear after.

Not sure about the whole "But I want more!" attitude. I'm sure more events will get added once Red moves on but I don't feel like I immediately need more content because I beat the moon lord. I beat the moon lord on normal and now I'm happily picking away at expert mode.

I'd love a new Frost/Pumpkin Moon style event that dropped awesome pets/mounts/vanity items. Maybe it should be Corruption/Crimson/Hallow themed, like the evil biomes are making one final push to destroy you. They would all have their own items, and combining a Corruption/Crimson and a Hallow item could make a Purity-themed item.

yea no you dont get nebula/solar/stardust gear then play expert mode thats too easy you start a new character to do it

The final end-game content is meant to be a reward for defeating the hardest challenges of the game, hence giving you access to 'god mode'. If the Moon lord dropped no end-game reward, there'd be little incentive to kill him.

It is not a means to progress to additional content that may or may not come. I don't know where you got that idea from.

I'm mutual to more content, because people'll just chain that 'more end-game content' request on and on and on.

Edit: Didn't realise the age of this thread. Ah, how a quieter forum bears such an annoyance.

I could suggest DLC or plot twist killing Moon-Lord rips the very fabric of time and space and you must travel through the cosmos to stop it idk

Edit: Damnit why didnt i realize that this thread is almost 4 years old :C

Last edited:
I could suggest DLC or plot twist killing Moon-Lord rips the very fabric of time and space and you must travel through the cosmos to stop it idk
Edit: Damnit why didnt i realize that this thread is almost 4 years old :C

Aha all good boss. As far as I'm aware it's still a relevant topic. Although I'm not sure about any new dlc's, I do believe that the game definitely shouldn't reach a brick wall as soon as the final boss is killed. To me, killing the moon lord is a very anti-climactic event. There's no special events, no credits, no over the top effects, and it definitely doesn't wrap anything up. As to what could be done on Re-Logic's behalf to change this, sky is the limit.

As much as I respect your opinion on this, I greatly disagree to the highest possible extent. If everyone had a thinking process like this, absolutely nothing would change for the better, and there definitely wouldn't be any point to posting on this same forum we're posting on now named "Player Suggestions". Silly goose.

The final end-game content is meant to be a reward for defeating the hardest challenges of the game, hence giving you access to 'god mode'. If the Moon lord dropped no end-game reward, there'd be little incentive to kill him.

It is not a means to progress to additional content that may or may not come. I don't know where you got that idea from.

I'm mutual to more content, because people'll just chain that 'more end-game content' request on and on and on.

Again, I disagree. There will always be more demand for end game content as long as an unsatisfying end game exists. As of this moment the events after the final boss just feel greatly unpolished and hardly existent. The issue isn't that we all want more progression, but that we we're left with progression based concepts on a cliff hanger, nothing was wrapped up, the game feels greatly unfinished.

Back
Top Bottom