Biomes & Nature Could we get some actual Forest in the Center?

"we'll make Jungles immune to evil biomes" like they did with Hallow.
thats boring and inconsistent. no other biome gets flat immunity, they're instead preserved by mixing. jungle grass becomes corrupt jungle grass. mud becomes ebonslime or somesuch. its preserved and still allows fighting corruption to be a thing. we even get hallowed *palm trees* and they're just cosmetic, so why not jungle? just make it behave like tainted ice biome does.

flat immunity is the bandiad. chlorophyte is some failed attempt at an interesting new solution

thats dumb and boring. also inconsistent. no other biome gets flat immunity, they're instead preserved by mixing. jungle grass becomes corrupt jungle grass. mud becomes ebonslime or somesuch. its preserved and still allows fighting corruption to be a thing. we even get hallowed *palm trees* and they're just cosmetic, so why not jungle?

flat immunity is the bandiad. chlorophyte is some failed attempt at an interesting new solution

But yet, Jungle is immune to Hallow and nothing else is, 'cept the Evil biomes. If it is immune to Hallow, why ain't immune to the evil biomes too?

Fact is, if you want to protect your Jungle, single best thing you can do is grab a few pearlstone blocks and put em near your jungle and let the Hallow infect everything on either side of your Jungle.

Boom. Nothing can hurt your Jungle unless the V spread hits it, or there was an evil biome in the jungle before Hardmode.

and why should it remain immune to hallow? thats just another bandaid.

They made it immune to Hallow for a reason. For consistency they could just make it immune to evil biomes too. *shrugs*

Considering that the Jungle plays an important role in Hardmode (armor sets, Plantera, etc), I can see why they thought to give it some protection.

They made it immune to Hallow for a reason
a bandaid so it wouldn't be lost entirely. a holdover from before the jungle was significant, just like corruption destroying it was. ice was immune at first too. mud used to be unstable and occasionally collapse on your heads like sand, doesn't do that anymore. ect
could as easily say "they made cacti damaging for a reason"

Considering that the Jungle plays an important role in Hardmode (armor sets, Plantera, etc), I can see why they thought to give it some protection.
its equally protected by being corruptible as by immunity. the only reason it isn't now is it gets destroyed for some odd reason.

a bandaid so it wouldn't be lost entirely. a holdover from before the jungle was significant, just like corruption destroying it was. ice was immune at first too. mud used to be unstable and occasionally collapse on your heads like sand, doesn't do that anymore. ect

So, you claim that protecting the jungle is a "Band-Aid".

What would you consider a full solution, then? Allow the Jungle to get destroyed? *blinks* That's the problem from the start -- we can't let the Jungle get destroyed outright, because players need the Jungle Biome in Hardmode for Chlorophyte, Shroomite, and Plantera Bulb spawns.

Meanwhile, the Ice Biome has nothing really important to anybody in Hardmode, so nobody cares if their ice biomes get hallowed or corrupted. All of the drops in there work regardless of the biome's status.

...are you just skipping over my posts? destroyed is what it does now. corrupted jungle would be jungle that happens to also be corruption. like ice and deserts.

...are you just skipping over my posts? destroyed is what it does now. corrupted jungle would be jungle that happens to also be corruption. like ice and deserts.

I musta missed one somehow? *shrug*

Maybe they don't want to have to redesign two all-new biomes, and would rather just keep Jungle as it is?

So if we don't make two all-new Biomes, then the best thing to do is to make sure that it doesn't get destroyed in the first place, and that's what Chlorophyte was meant to do......BUT, IMO, they went the wrong direction.

They shoulda just made the Jungle immune to Crimson and Corruption just like it is immune to Hallow. That'd 100% fix the problem altogether on everybody's world made afterward.

Why not? Mushroom Biome is immune to Hallow, AND Crimson/Corruption, so why is Jungle not immune to those biomes, again?

It just makes more sense to just make Jungle immune instead of playing around with Chlorophyte being a spreading thing.... especially when it ONLY works Underground, and not on the surface.

especially when it ONLY works Underground, and not on the surface.
Your primary point with regards to this was about Chloro, Shroomite, and Plantera Bulbs, all of which also only appear underground.

Not that I'm saying that Chlorophyte is a truly effective solution to protecting the jungle outright, but I also think that the Dark Biome encroaching on a rather important biome lends a sense of urgency to your quest, and Chloro definitely slows it down.

the Dark Biome encroaching on a rather important biome lends a sense of urgency to your quest, and Chloro definitely slows it down.
what about new players? they're just screwed if it gets eaten before they hit that point because corruption spawned in the middle and they didn't immediately fly over to dig hellevators around it before entering hardmode?

I musta missed one somehow? *shrug*
...but you quoted every one of em ;) :p

Your primary point with regards to this was about Chloro, Shroomite, and Plantera Bulbs, all of which also only appear underground.

Not that I'm saying that Chlorophyte is a truly effective solution to protecting the jungle outright, but I also think that the Dark Biome encroaching on a rather important biome lends a sense of urgency to your quest, and Chloro definitely slows it down.

I just don't get why we need to have it in danger in the first place. *shrugs* As it is, you have to scramble to protect what little Pure Forest actually spawns in the center these days, lol. And yes, while Plantera and Chlorophyte are only underground... but it is nice to have surface jungle.

Now, if fixing a damaged jungle wasn't so much of a pain (why can't we have Jungle Solution, again?), I wouldn't mind it so much...

what about new players? they're just screwed if it gets eaten before they hit that point because corruption spawned in the middle and they didn't immediately fly over to dig hellevators around it before entering hardmode?
I have no idea what kind of worlds you spawn in, but I've had some very nasty Small worlds - including one with a corrupt chasm almost exactly in the middle of my jungle - and I've still been able to collect a reasonable amount of chloro from the bottom. While I do agree that jungle infection is very irritating, the chloro fix is a lot more effective, in my opinion, than most people are giving it credit for. Use Green solution to turn the underground Dark Biome into Forest, then use chloro to turn it back into Jungle.

I just don't get why we need to have it in danger in the first place. *shrugs* As it is, you have to scramble to protect what little Pure Forest actually spawns in the center these days, lol. And yes, while Plantera and Chlorophyte are only underground... but it is nice to have surface jungle.
Center purity isn't in any real danger until Hardmode, when you're well equipped to protect your spawn with any number of tools. Additionally, and correct me if I'm wrong, once you're in hardmode, there is no practical purpose in having purity (As opposed to Hallowed for your NPCs).

Yes, it's very nice to have purity and surface jungle, but they're just that - nice. There's not a whole lot of mechanical incentive to protect those two.

I think this is going off-topic... there's a separate "Save the Jungle!" thread that I assume covers some of this.

I don't really see how Chlorophyte has a meaningful effect... Crimson, Corruption (and even Hallow) can spread through stone. Chlorophyte can't. It's only going to work along exposed surfaces where plants can grow.

If a Jungle gets infected, spraying it with Green Solution turns it into FOREST, not Jungle.
To clarify for others: Spraying mud with green solution will turn it into Jungle. (You can reverse Mushroom biomes that way.) Spraying dirt with green solution will turn it into Forest. Since Corruption/Crimson changes the mud into dirt before spreading, it really does destroy the Jungle.

I don't really see how Chlorophyte has a meaningful effect... Crimson, Corruption (and even Hallow) can spread through stone. Chlorophyte can't. It's only going to work along exposed surfaces where plants can grow.
Last time I checked, the Jungle has very little stone in its underground. Chloro isn't going to help you spread the Jungle past its initial borders, but it will slow down encroaching Corruption and Crimson.

Last time I checked, the Jungle has very little stone in its underground.
That's true. But it was still sufficient to allow Hallow to cover about 50% of Jungle in one of my worlds. (Jungle + Hallow = Awesome :).) Some well-placed Mushrooms + the Lihzahrd Temple on world generation was all that stopped it continuing through. (Only a tiny part of this Hallow spread was due to entering Hardmode.)

Anyway, I'll say no more on the matter, to keep things on topic. Xylia's thread is about Forest in the centre, not concerns about the Jungle. :)

Completely agree with this. Wish there was more of a solid progression through the biomes as you travel away from the center. With a larger portion of Forest in the middle of the map, that transitions into Desert on one side, then Snow on the other, and those eventually transfer into Jungle on one side, and Corruption/Crimson on the other, and then both of those both transition directly into the Ocean(or even better, an Ocean on one side and a Mountain on the other).

Ideally, I want it to look something like this:
MetaBiomesNatural02.jpg

Last time I checked, the Jungle has very little stone in its underground.
That's why it needs it's own stone to replace mud in it's underground area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom