Mobile Creative mode

Violet heart

Terrarian
so I have to ask. I have played Terraria on my vita and now I mostly play it on my ios. Why isn't there a create mode ? And what are the chances that there could be one ?

a friend of mine who plays the game told me that he didn't like the idea and that the reason why it's not implemented is because people would cheat and get whatever they wanted. But I insisted no not true. A lot of creative games like this have flexible options and tools like this. Terraria has a lot of stuff (which I'm grateful for) a lot of items with some them having a extremely low drop rate. Going through the game many times now, getting the banners, the items and accessories has been tough and rewarding but it only lasts for so long. for example what if I wanted to pick up the game and just start making elaborate creations, houses and what not with the bricks and all sorts of things. To get a lot of the blocks you have to farm a lot of things, also in the world you spawn in, it won't have every biome you want, so you will just have to have multiple worlds or use your character as the vessel for transporting materials from one place to another which is a whole other run.
So why not add a feature that would just extend the games enjoyability an also make it easier for players who have played through many times and just want to do things without having to do all sorts of micromanaging to do it.

Implementing a creative mode that won't be abused is very tricky. Yeah sure, you could just say "how about we put it after Moon Lord" or "make it most blocks only, and no ore blocks" but some people won't like that they have to defeat the final boss to unleash their creative talents, or for the no ore thing, they wouldn't like having a limit on what they can place.
Currently all we really have is TShock servers that let have a "creative mode", but those can be abused to death and is limited to PC only.

It would be good to at least having a thing like T Shock, but on mobile devices writing commands can end up with overloading the device.(Opening the keyboard app and then returning to the game is a RAM-eating process) A complete creative mode also can be a challenge, since loading thousands of items requires lots and lots of RAM. So I don't think it's practically impossible(teorotically and technically possible) to have a creative mode. But I said, it would be good :p

It would be good to at least having a thing like T Shock, but on mobile devices writing commands can end up with overloading the device.(Opening the keyboard app and then returning to the game is a RAM-eating process) A complete creative mode also can be a challenge, since loading thousands of items requires lots and lots of RAM. So I don't think it's practically impossible(teorotically and technically possible) to have a creative mode. But I said, it would be good :p

Thanks for the input. That's something I overlooked, ram issues. This gives me hope though since devices keep getting better and better.

But all my friends would abuse it and say "HEY LOOK AT MEH KEWL STUFFFFFFFFF"
And this is basically the problem I layed out not too long ago.
Implementing a creative mode that won't be abused is very tricky. Yeah sure, you could just say "how about we put it after Moon Lord" or "make it most blocks only, and no ore blocks" but some people won't like that they have to defeat the final boss to unleash their creative talents, or for the no ore thing, they wouldn't like having a limit on what they can place.
Currently all we really have is TShock servers that let have a "creative mode", but those can be abused to death and is limited to PC only.

You can't abuse a creative mode lol. There's virtually no need for this imo. Considering how easy it is to dupe and basically everyone online in mobile has hacked items in hacked amounts.

You can't abuse a creative mode lol.
I don't think you're putting enough thought into how Terraria's world and player mechanics work.
There's virtually no need for this imo. Considering how easy it is to dupe and basically everyone online in mobile has hacked items in hacked amounts.
So your argument is that it would be pointless...because you could just hack instead? You seem to be forgetting some would prefer to not have to hack a game. Heck, you'll actually get warnings for posting about it on this forum (though not for mentioning it, mind you.)

I know the rules. And I never said I hack or partake in it. I constantly create new worlds to just start over. I do not find it fun or care to know how to do it. Don't assume. What I meant is. You can pretty much have a creative mode already. And it must be easy to do considering the amount of people online. And no really, you can't abuse creative mode. It's meant to have every item if made. You can obtain all the items in game. What's there to abuse. You load other people's worlds online. They would just have to make it to where creative worlds can't be played with non creative mode players or something. But that's if that's even possible.

I know the rules. And I never said I hack or partake in it.
I never said you hacking.
I constantly create new worlds to just start over. I do not find it fun or care to know how to do it. Don't assume.
I'm not the one assuming here.
What I meant is. You can pretty much have a creative mode already. And it must be easy to do considering the amount of people online. And no really, you can't abuse creative mode. It's meant to have every item if made. You can obtain all the items in game. What's there to abuse.
Are you hearing yourself right now? Your logic is absolutely broken.
If there was a creative mode, you'd be able to give yourself anything. You'd be able to get endgame stuff on a freshly made character without putting any effort in to it to earn that stuff.
This a lot more complicated than you think it is.

You load other people's worlds online. They would just have to make it to where creative worlds can't be played with non creative mode players or something. But that's if that's even possible.
There'd need to be more than just that. In Terraria, you can bring any character into any world. Example: New character --> World at endgame.
If Creative Mode were to implemented in similar style to Minecraft's (access to nearly every single item), you could just dump endgame stuff everywhere and never have to actually earn it.

"This is a lot more complicated than you think it is" so you have an idea on what I know about this game and don't? And I'm the one assuming. Lol. I've beaten the game many times. And had practically every obtainable item that I cared to have. So I don't know what you're finding that's so complicated. Its a pretty easy game."there'd need to be more than just that" did you even read what I said? Only creative characters would be able to go on creative worlds (even your own worlds not just multiplayer) and you wouldn't be able to drop (or even join) in any noncreative worlds(so all those people that like creative can have fun or just complain more about how creative mode sucks). Now I know I don't foresee everything and I know I didn't figure out the whole case. I don't care to. I was just shooting off ideas. Anyways. I feel like you're one of those people that just think "I'm always right" no matter what, and you're quite rude about opinions and it. So I'm gonna take my leave.

"This is a lot more complicated than you think it is" so you have an idea on what I know about this game and don't? And I'm the one assuming. Lol.
Admittedly, I could've worded that better, but I am human and thus, prone to error.
And yes, you did assume. You said I accused you of hacking when I never once said that you were hacking, but that isn't what this is about.

I've beaten the game many times. And had practically every obtainable item that I cared to have. So I don't know what you're finding that's so complicated.
The idea of balancing a Creative Mode in a game where it would be difficult to implement.
Its a pretty easy game."there'd need to be more than just that" did you even read what I said? Only creative characters would be able to go on creative worlds (even your own worlds not just multiplayer) and you wouldn't be able to drop (or even join) in any noncreative worlds(so all those people that like creative can have fun or just complain more about how creative mode sucks).
I admit, I completely misread what you had said.
pgwXShL.gif
I had someone bothering me at the time, so I wasn't as focused as I should've been. Apologies.
Now that I'm looking at it while not currently being pestered, I must say that was actually a pretty good idea.

Now I know I don't foresee everything and I know I didn't figure out the whole case. I don't care to. I was just shooting off ideas. Anyways. I feel like you're one of those people that just think "I'm always right" no matter what, and you're quite rude about opinions and it.
Sorry about that, I tend to be rude at times. Apparently having your skull cracked open as a kid does that to you.
And by no means am I in that "always right" mentality. I've had my butt handed to me in so many arguments, you have no idea. And yet I still participate in them. Guess I'm just an idiot.

So I'm gonna take my leave.
Ok then, sorry. I should have read what you wrote better.

Cenx's item set, Aaron's item set
In PC 1.3 version you can obtain them from hardmode treasure bags...
It is very "Obvious" though. But eventually, players will dig in the core game codes and decode it using some app therefore, allowing them to see and read the item. After that, the sneaky player will copy that specific code and overwrite/ add it on the "item list" or the chest in survival mode, which is another world.
Another way is to also change the game mode(via codes or hack app) from creative to survival mode and then take a screenshot then post it saying "Got some new rare items in just 10 minutes" So, creative mode is unadvisable.
You can always use inv/map editors or modified servers to whatever you want...

Note, I know the things that I said applied PC-only, but, most mobile users really don't interested in hacking the game, and most importantly, the reason of this thread letting pure-builder players free to obtain any block without having to fight the bosses, not creating new ways to hack or even advertise hacking. Just let the builders free to play, no bosses, no monsters, no damaging stuff(except for wiring thingies, these too used for building)...

Adding a creative mode will simply ruin the element that terraria balances. Always the same mode and concept with a few changes (expert mode,world size etc..) is terraria.

Back
Top Bottom