Items Cursed Accessories, a new risk/reward system

Alright, I've come back and rebalanced every single accessory here. That's right, every single one. A few which were borderline impossible to use effectively were buffed, and several which had basically no downside or were a lost cause were reworked completely. I also removed the Wanderlust Ward and Braggart's Blinders but I compensated for it by adding two completely new accessories which appear in post golem (Saccharine Spectacles and Martian Maelstrom). I chose to put them there because post-golem is absolutely filled with content and yet was severly lacking from this suggestion.

Last edited:
Alright, I've come back and rebalanced every single accessory here. That's right, every single one. A few which were borderline impossible to use effectively were buffed, and several which had basically no downside or were a lost cause were reworked completely. I also removed the Wanderlust Ward and Braggart's Blinders but I compensated for it by adding two completely new accessories which appear in post golem (Saccharine Spectacles and Martian Maelstrom). I chose to put them there because post-golem is absolutely filled with content and yet was severly lacking from this suggestion.

Very nice. I see that you no longer need to use something else to wear multiple at once as well.

oh, the lucid locket still says that
Defense is reduced to 0. Items which grant debuff immunities of any kind no longer work. Doesn't affect defense if the Glass Globe is equipped.

Here could have a system like in hollow knight, some accessories have a needed space amount, like 1, 2 and 3, and you have a limited amount of space, for example 3, but you cannot put 3 lvl1 accessories because it would be broken, the space valor of the accessories depends of how much it costs/gives.(I mean, imagine a accessory that steals half of your life, but the damage is 2x, this would be a lvl 3 due to the cost/reward, which means that it costs 3 spaces(just an example))

This will probably be my least balanced suggestion of all time, but at least it (hopefully) serves its purpose of providing a reward for specifically the more skilled players.
These accessories are very powerful, but also come with a massive drawback for using them. You also can only have one Cursed Accessory equipped at a time.

Blue text is the positive effects.
Red text is the negative effects.
Purple text is somewhere in between.

The accessories are sorted in the order you most likely would encounter them if you found them as soon as they were available.

With that out of the way, let us begin.

Dealing damage summons 3 meteorites which each target a different entity on screen, which can either be an enemy or yourself (25 classless damage, 100% chance to inflict On Fire! for 2 seconds)

Crafted from 20 Silk and 8 Meteorite Bars @ Loom.

This one is meant to serve as a prehardmode introduction to Curses. The effect doesn't scale into later parts of the game very well, so it encourages looking into the other ones instead of using it for a long time.
Cursed Inferno on enemies is now 3x as powerful, and all weapons now inflict Cursed Inferno.
Dealing damage causes you to be inflicted with Cursed Inferno (not the buffed version) for 1 second. Can only occur every 10 seconds.

Crafted from 15 Cursed Flames and 10 Souls of Night @ Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

This corruption exclusive accessory is meant to give Cursed Inferno the buff it needs, without completely obliterating players. In case you're wondering, the buffed Cursed Inferno does 72 dps, which is almost as much as a single stack of Daybroken while being much earlier in the game..
All Weapons inflict Ichor, and have their damage and critical strike chance boosted by 9% against Ichored enemies.
Dealing damage causes you to be inflicted with Ichor for 5 seconds.

Crafted from 15 Ichor and 10 Souls of Night @ Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.
Has a 25% chance to completely block damage, with a 10 second cooldown.
Defense is reduced by 50 for the cooldown duration.

Crafted from 15 Crystal Shards and 10 Souls of Light @ Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.
10% increased attack speed.
You are permanently afflicted with Feral Bite.
Defense is reduced to 0. Items which grant debuff immunities of any kind no longer work.

Drops from Mothron with a 15% chance.

The reason debuff immunities don't work is so that someone can't just equip an Ankh Charm and negate a significant portion of its drawback.
For every 3 points of defense, gain a 1% chance to completely nullify damage.
Defense no longer lowers damage taken.

Crafted from 1 Black Belt and 1 Paladin's Shield @ Demon/Crimson Altar
All Damage inflicted increased by 100%.
All Damage taken increased by 100%.

Drops from Dungeon Spirits with a 5% chance.

People who don't get hit very often are gonna love this one :naughty:
Critical Strikes heal 1% of damage dealt.
Critical Strikes no longer increase damage.

20% chance to drop from Present Mimics.
A random weapon (which doesn't deal summon damage or have tool power) is randomly selected in your hotbar, causing it to build up energy over the course of the next minute, gaining 1% damage and critical strike chance every 3 seconds. After the minute is over, damage is reset to normal and another weapon is selected.
The damage reset also causes that weapon to be unusable for 2 minutes while it recovers from the overload of energy

5% chance to drop from Martian Drones.
All melee attacks inflict stacking Daybroken for 5 seconds, with no cap.
Once per enemy per second, melee damage also causes enemies to create projectiles similar to Demon Scythes, which deal only 1 damage but inflict daybroken on you for one second.

Crafted from 10 Solar Fragments @ Ancient Manipulator.
All ranged attacks create lightning that chains to other enemies for 100 damage (cooldown of 0.33 seconds) which can bounce to other enemies again up to 3 times, decreasing in damage by 50% each time.
Taking damage causes you to be inflicted with Electrified for 5 seconds.

Crafted from 10 Vortex Fragments @ Ancient Manipulator.
Reduces mana cost by 99%, rounded down.
Taking damage inflicts Silenced and sets your max mana to 0 for 1 second.

Crafted from 10 Nebula Fragments @ Ancient Manipulator.
Enemies manually focused by summons take 40% more damage.
Manual focusing must be done by holding down right click with a summon staff instead of clicking it once, and whips can no longer be used to focus enemies.

Crafted from 10 Stardust Fragments @ Ancient Manipulator.

Gigantic damage increase, but removes the "impure" parts of summoner to resemble challenge playthroughs from before 1.4's release.
All armor has all of its stats doubled.
Defense causes you to take more damage instead of reducing it.

Crafted from 100 Glass and 1 Gravity Globe @ Ancient Manipulator.

For some... creative individuals, this could be by far the strongest accessory in the game.

Credit to @Bry-ccentric and @J Bame for some helpful input
Sounds like more torturing to the goblin tinkerer >:D

<edited by forum staff to correct bbcode quotes>

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom