Portfolio/Multi-Topic Cursed Items and The Exorcist

An idea occured to me that "treasure" seems unprotected in terms of defense so i decided to make this concept about items that inflict debuffs by using or simply even possessing the item you have.

When you find a dungeon/temple/pyramid etc treasure theres a small chance that items can be cursed when you loot something such as a weapon or spell during the time when you use/own it.
If you do find one it is guranteed to have a good prefix or has increased stats or even if lucky give a permanent buff but theres a curse that can vary from slows,attack speed decreases,Increased damage taken,spontaneous combustion(for real),and if left alone for very long it even may kill you occasionally.So heres a way to get rid of a curse on a item.

(random name) the Exorcist
has 100 health
when right clicked cures you
for a price
You then have to gather materials such as potions,mushrooms,ores,and money.When right clicked the Exorcist will take off all debuffs and buffs and take away 0 health before getting a message.
You hear a scream that sends a chill down your spine.

On a random night a ghost will spawn that has a random hp amount capping at 4000 normal and 16000 on hardmode attack varying from 10 hearts to fifty on normal.
When defeated it drops coins and if on hardmode a small amount of ectoplasm​

I have no idea what the :red: I just read. This looks like a college student's notebook: a bunch of :red: that only the writer can understand. Please, when making a suggestion, post in a way that OTHER PEOPLE WILL UNDERSTAND. I don't mean to be rude; I'm just trying to help.

Ok... from what I can gather, he wants items found in chests to have a chance of being cursed, which causes bad things to happen when you use the item. To get rid of the curse, you have to go to a new NPC and give him stuff to lift the curse. Once you do that, a boss will show up on a random night and you have to kill it...

Ok... from what I can gather, he wants items found in chests to have a chance of being cursed, which causes bad things to happen when you use the item. To get rid of the curse, you have to go to a new NPC and give him stuff to lift the curse. Once you do that, a boss will show up on a random night and you have to kill it...
Funny how a few lines can be a whole lot clearer than a wall of text.

When you find a dungeon/temple/pyramid etc treasure theres a small chance that items can be cursed when you loot something such as a weapon or spell during the time when you use/own it.
This new mechanic needs further elaboration. If it's a debuff, I can just exit the world and pretty much screw it. If it's not, again, further elaboration for clarity.

If you do find one it is guranteed to have a good prefix or has increased stats or even if lucky give a permanent buff but theres a curse that can vary from slows,attack speed decreases,Increased damage taken,spontaneous combustion(for real),and if left alone for very long it even may kill you occasionally.So heres a way to get rid of a curse on a item.
I don't see this as an idea that is catching on though. When you look for items in the dungeons, they are already well protected enough by the mobs. For pyramids and floating islands, just introduce some mobs there instead of a new mechanic and every one will be pleased enough.

This is one of those things RPGs use to try forcing the player to waste gold removing hindrances which detract from the whole "having fun" a game should be about.

But guess what? Terraria already has this in the shape of crappy prefixes. No need to add yet more time and money wasters, or to give the RNG even more tools with which to :red: the player over.

No fun, no support.

Translation: Miniboss that in prehardmode drops gold coins and in hardmode (After plantera ofcourse) will drop ectoplasm, and to make the fight a hit harder,and give it more health. (Prehardmode health: 4000) (Hardmode health: 16000)
Exorcist npc.
Cursed items, basicly more prefixes.

Translation: Miniboss that in prehardmode drops gold coins and in hardmode (After plantera ofcourse) will drop ectoplasm, and to make the fight a hit harder,and give it more health. (Prehardmode health: 4000) (Hardmode health: 16000)
Exorcist npc.
Cursed items, basicly more prefixes.
Wow... that's vastly different than what I thought it was. I guess that just shows how unclear this suggestion is

Back
Top Bottom