"Cursed" worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiju

Skeletron
Anyone have a world that just seems to hate them? My friends and I have, several times. This is the most memorable one.

The first night was a blood moon. We survived by barricading ourselves in a wooden box, which was deconstructed soon afterward.
After a two day break from a blood moon, we had /three blood moon nights in a row/. I forgot how many times we died.
The fun didnt end there. After a long time without blood moons, we got one. Then, we had a random eye of cthulhu spawn. Since my friends and I sucked at terraria then, we all died.
This bad luck kept repeating itself, and carried on well into hard mode.
First, the hallow biome spawned right under our base. We didnt want to move since we out a lot of time into it, so it was a constant battle of trying to push it back.
The events didnt stop either. We had one in game week where there were back to back alternating blood moons and eclipses for at least three days. Mechanical bosses kept spawning, too.

Wow, what a wall of text that became.

A recent world in a multiplayer playthrough seemed to be loaded with traps and it was difficult to get enough heart crystals for every player to the point that we only got max health right before facing the WoF.

Another one consists of having Corruption biomes spawning in the middle of the jungle during world generation. Its a miracle the jungle in that world hasn't been close to completely overrun by Corruption yet.

Well on my mobile world I jumped into a cave and landed onto an explosive trap, this killed me and I wanted my money back so I jumped back down to get it, and I landed on another explosive trap! It was complete bull:red: after I stepped on two more explosive traps and then finally 3 dart traps hooked up to one pressure plate.

Well, I've been doing a Mage playthrough recently, and it's had quite a few unwanted goblin invasions recently. Before that, though, finding ores was very tough. I swear, there wasn't enough gold there to make a Pickaxe... All right, maybe that's a bit exaggerated, but you get the point. The same thing happened with life crystals. When I beat the WoF I only had 320 health. Then, into hardmode, the ore problem continues. I did not get more than 40 total Titanium Bars. And they took me damn long to get. There was one point where I had Palladium Armor where a Skeletron Prime would spawn every night for about 3 nights in a row, The last being on a blood moon followed by an eclipse followed by another blood moon followed by a pirate invasion followed by The Destroyer, who I did manage to beat with my nimbus rod. The next thing you know I've bested all the Mech bosses, and I have my Pickaxe Axe and some Spelunker Potions at hand. I go mining for some chlorophyte, and I get about 200 in 10 minutes. Could've gone worse I guess. Meanwhile, on the life fruit side of things, I found 1. Another 20-25 minutes without my spelunking friends, and I find one more. I decided to call it quits for a while, and went back to base. When I went back, I found 3 life fruits on my way down, and 2 more pretty much right where I left off. Yay, I guess? That's about how far I've come. Plantera's gonna go down soon though!

Well, this one time me and my cousin were playing on this one world we had, we were near the end of the game, but we needed a solar eclipse. We left it for awhile, and came back to find that we had missed out on a some bloodmoons a goblin invasion, and a few solar eclipses. We were in the middle of an eclipse right there, so we had to get to work defending our massacred home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom