tModLoader Danew's Mini-Boss NPC

Should I change the the name of the mod?

• Total voters
A couple things.

1: In the Rare Creature Collector’s shop, I think there are too many items in page one of the shop, making the Holy Sword item for spawning Enchanted Swords is unpurchaseable. Might wanna move that over to to page 2.

2: You mentioned the the items you make out off the boss drop items will be equipment items. I love this idea. When these are done, would it be possible to make some of these for modded bosses (EG, DoG, Coznix, Folvine, etc.)?

3: There are a couple Thorium minibosses that seem to be missing from the Archwizard’s shop (Patchwerk and the Corpse Bloom).

Also, an idea for the boss emblems/icons/whatever they’re called: While visible, a little icon of the boss could circle around you similar to the frozen turtle shell (But not near as fast.)

Aside from that though, the mod is amazing. I’ve always looked for a fargo-like mod for mini bosses, and now Danew’s is a staple of every modded playthrough I do. I’d love to contribute in some way, so if you ever need help, hit me up.
1. Yeah I noticed that soon after updating the mod. Will be fixed next update!

2. I do plan to add modded boss items in the future, may take some time though

3. I deliberately excluded them as they can only naturally be fought once per world and all there drops are a 100% chance, making adding them pointless

Seems like a really nice aesthetic idea, I will try an add that
Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod!

1. Yeah I noticed that soon after updating the mod. Will be fixed next update!

2. I do plan to add modded boss items in the future, may take some time though

3. I deliberately excluded them as they can only naturally be fought once per world and all there drops are a 100% chance, making adding them pointless

Seems like a really nice aesthetic idea, I will try an add that
Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod!

You’re welcome. This mod is a must-have for all my modded playthroughs. How else would I use the slimy-saddle cheese strat to kill 150 Dungeon Guardhans at once? XD

Alright, it's been about 8 months since the last update and the next is still not here yet. I think it's time you knew why. There are three major factors that have gone into the delay which I will outline in this post

1. I have been working on another mod. The mod in question wasn't massively popular but it hadn't been updated in over a year. The only reason I came back to it was because of a persistent fan who kinda came out of nowhere. This update took up most of my spare time for the first quarter of this year and I have not really touched it since said update. The future of that mod is kinda up in the air at the moment but I want delve too off-topic here.
2. Internet problems. This is still plaguing me to this day. In fact this past week my issues have only gotten worse. The only reason I'm even able to post this update is because I typed it out on a phone. While internet doesn't effect the development of the mod it very much hinders my ability to actually post the update. This issue has really been reducing my passion towards getting the update done.
3. Here's the problem is probably effecting me the most. The fabled boss items. These where the focus of the next update and what I have been working on in the background. But I have hit a bit of a roadblock. Actually a couple of roadblocks. The first one was that giving the effects that I had in mind for every boss would have taken forever. So I thought to split the update into the three parts; pre-hardmode, hardmode and events. This was going well until I realized just how unoriginal these effects were. Most notably the effects of the boss armors from the mod "Shapeshifter". Infact the effects or so almost identical that I have decided to completely change what the items do. What have I changed them too? I don't really know yet. That's what I'm asking you. Some of the ideas I've thrown around is making them pets or minions, stuff like that is what I need suggestions for. Give me some ideas and I may implement them.

Hope this covers everything, sorry if it seems a bit rambley but I needed to get this stuff off my chest. I don't know when the update will come out but I can guarantee it will be this year. There a few things I have been changing and implementing that I can't wait to unveil. (I can't be bothered to reread this this thing)

Hi! I have an idea for the next few updates! Make it so they NPCs sell the summon item once you defeated said mini-boss/rare enemy. Take as much time as you need for updates. And I hope your internet gets fixed soon.

NEW UPDATE:
Changelog v0.2.2:

• Updated Calamity support (Abyss mini-bosses, "new" Earth Elemental, new Cnidrion, Great Sand Shark)
  • Added new DD2 mini-boss summons (Betsy, tier 3 Dark Mage and tier 3 Ogre)
  • Added new rare creatures (Digger and Giant Worm)
  • Added pillar summons
  • Arch Wizard now sells the (tier 1) Tiara if tier 2 Old One's army is defeated but not tier 1
  • New Arch Wizard sprite
  • Updated icon to have new Arch Wizard sprite
  • Adjusted shops slightly
  • Enemies no longer spawn directly on top of you
  • Adjusted most prices to be more balanced
  • Boss Items are no longer craftable
  • Removed Jabberwocky, Corrgoth, Crimgoth and Slimegoth from shops (not/no longer mini-bosses)

Can you add the old ones army mini bosses? Ex: Dark Mage, and Ogre
[doublepost=1538534050,1538533867][/doublepost]Amazing mod! it saves so much time that you could have used building op gear :)
[doublepost=1538534272][/doublepost]wait you already added those...
Was just replying when you figured it out, glad to hear you're enjoying the mod!

sorry about that, I couldn't find them so I re-fought the Old Ones Army and then I saw it.
Wait I lied I still cant find them. Which NPC sells them, The Arch Wizard doesn't have it.

Last edited:
sorry about that, I couldn't find them so I re-fought the Old Ones Army and then I saw it.
[doublepost=1538536079,1538535736][/doublepost]wait I lied I still cant find them. Which NPC sells them, The Arch Wizard doesn't have it.
Should be in the event shop, it works fine for me

upload_2018-10-4_15-25-49.png
upload_2018-10-4_15-26-39.png

these are my shops I have beaten the old ones army 5 times and the summon item has not showed up .-.

How do you get the eater of worlds expert item? (Not the worm scarf, the expert item that this mod adds and is called ”the eater of worlds”

Can you maybe add Coin Bag Mimics, Boulder Mimics, Hags, Raging Minotaurs, Brown Recluses, and Gilded Slimes/Bats/Lycans from Thorium to the rare creature collector?

Can you maybe add Coin Bag Mimics, Boulder Mimics, Hags, Raging Minotaurs, Brown Recluses, and Gilded Slimes/Bats/Lycans from Thorium to the rare creature collector?
I was intending on doing those in the future, probably not next update though (sorry for the late reply)

Could you maybe add an Armored Digger summon and a Giant Clam summon to the Arch-Wizard? I am trying to get the Lead Wizard item from the former. Though, judging by your previous reply, they aren't coming anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom