Weapons & Equip Dart Expansion!

yudgefudge

The Destroyer
Dont'cha LOVE darts?
No? Oh....
But I do!
There are four dart based weapons, two hardmode, and two prehardmode.
The blowpipe and blowgun are :red:ty because they're extremely slow.
The dart guns are decent enough to be used, but that's all for darts.
There are 5 different dart types:
  • Seeds: No, no! Not actual seeds! That'd make sense! Instead, we have a special kind of seed that deals three damage, and paired with the Blowpipe's low damage and :red:ty DPS, its pretty much pointless...
  • Poison Darts: True to the name, they inflict poison, and have "okay" damage. Given their point of obtainment in regular game progression, they are intended to be paired with a Blowgun, but the Blowgun has similar stat spread to the blowpipe, and is crap.
  • Cursed & Ichor Darts: Both very good. Ichor, as usual, is better, but they're both worth the crafting for you.
  • Crystal Darts: Good as well. High damage, and slight homing. Richochets too.
Now, we need more darts. Why? Because an entire ammo type shouldn't be relegated to "Other" in the Terraria Wiki.
Chlorophyte Dart
Damage: 13
Knocback: 3
Velocity: 5
1 Chlorophyte bar = 100 Chlorophyte Darts
Ricochets/pierces up to 3 times, and homes on a target.

Beetle Dart
Damage: 17
Knocback: 6
Velocity: 3
250 Chlorophyte Darts + 1 Beetle Husk = 250 Beetle Darts
While flying through the air, they release small beetles. These beetles swarm around enemies, dealing the same damage of the dart. They last for 3 seconds.

Luminite Dart
Damage: 20
Knocback: 4
Velocity: 3
1 Luminite Bar = 200 Luminite Darts

Followed by a moonlord bolt.
But Danny, you may ask, what do I shoot these with? I can't use a Dart Rifle foreverrrrrrrrrrrr!
Ah, I'll answer that very question, with these!
The blowpipe now has a 33 use time
The blowgun now has a 25 use time.

Blowblaster
Damage: 36
Knocback: 5
Crit chance: 4%
Use time: 18
Velocity: 13
Tooltip: "Not completely awesome."
Crafted from 1 Blowgun, 10 Hallowed Bars, and 15 Souls of Might.

The Stynger and its Bolts are now dart weapons. Fight me.

Electro-Dart Deployer
Dropped by the Martian Saucer.
Damage: 50
Knocback: 1.5
Crit chance: 4%
Use time: 10
Shoots a pair of electro-darts along with your dart, which deal 1/3 of the darts damage.
Lastly, the Shroomite Headgear will boost launchers, darts, flamethrowers, and animals.

Last edited:
*Fights you*
I do like the idea of having more dart weapons, however the Electro-Dart deployer seems very underpowered, and the Chlorophyte darts seems like a weaker Crystal dart and needs some buffing.
*Fights back*
Well, the EDD does have a quick use time, and it does fire those bolt shots as well. If I knew how to calculate DPS, I'd do so as well.
The Chlorophyte darts home. That means that it will home in on an enemy, bounce off, home in on another, bounce off, then home in on a third.

*Fights back*
Well, the EDD does have a quick use time, and it does fire those bolt shots as well. If I knew how to calculate DPS, I'd do so as well.
The Chlorophyte darts home. That means that it will home in on an enemy, bounce off, home in on another, bounce off, then home in on a third.
Use time= how many frames you have to wait before you can attack again.
60/[Use time]= how many times you can attack per second. Lets call this APS
APS X Damage= DPS (Roughly)
Electro-Dart Deployer use time= 10,
60/10=6,
37 base damage + say 15~ for the avergae dart= 52 base damage.
52x6= 312DPS~
That's not great, although the two extra darts it fires increase the DPS by 66%, bringing it up to 517~ which is not too bad, but still a little underpowered.

For comparison the Xenopopper has a theoretical DPS of around 705 with an average of 10 damage for the ammo.
(I hope I did the maths right)

Last edited:
Use time= how many frames you have to wait before you can attack again.
60/[Use time]= how many times you can attack per second. Lets call this APS
APS X Damage= DPS (Roughly)
Electro-Dart Deployer use time= 10,
60/10=6,
37 base damage + say 15~ for the avergae dart= 52 base damage.
52x6= 312DPS~
That's not terrible, but for a post-Martian invasion weapon that's not great. Although the two extra darts it fires increase the DPS by 66%, bringing it up to 517~ which is not too bad, but still a little underpowered.

For comparison the Xenopopper has a theoretical DPS of around 705 with an average of 10 damage for the ammo.

Thanks for the calculations. Now, I see I need to buff the EDD.

Thanks for the calculations. Now, I see I need to buff the EDD.
Buffing the damage to 52 increases the DPS to around 687, again this is a rough estimate and it really depends on enemy defence, the darts used, critical strike chance ect.... With the Default 4% crit chance it's around 714 DPS

I upped the damage to 50. Now, let me calculate its DPS:
APS = 6
Damage: 50+17 (using beetle darts) = 67
6x67= 402
66% increase due to the electro darts:
402+265=667 DPS, roughly
But adding the beetles essentially multiply the DPS by 10, I think?

I upped the damage to 50. Now, let me calculate its DPS:
APS = 6
Damage: 50+17 (using beetle darts) = 67
6x67= 402
66% increase due to the electro darts:
402+265=667 DPS, roughly
But adding the beetles essentially multiply the DPS by 10, I think?
The beetles shouldn't deal the full damage of the weapon, or that'll be too overpowered, they should instead deal around 10% the damage, and with 10 beetles that would double the theoretical DPS.

Also to calculate the DPS including crit chance;
4% crit chance = DPS x 1.04
10% crit chance= DPS x 1.10
25% crit chance = DPS x 1.25
ect...

(This is the first time I've gone into DPS on any suggestion :dryadtongue: )

Back
Top Bottom