Game Mechanics Dazed debuff

What do think?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Debuff should be applied somewhere else.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

00Banshee00

Skeletron
So today while exploring the Terraria Wiki, I found out this little unimplemented debuff:
The "Dazed" Debuff.

Lets give it some use.

If you lose above 50% of your health due to fall damage, there is a 33% chance that you get this debuff in Expert Mode.

This Debuff will stay for 5-8 seconds.

What do you think about it?
If I forgot anything, please tell.

Last edited:
I think that in the early game, when fall damage is still actually a problem, the actual damage inflicted combined with the slow rate of regeneration is strong enough. I think that if anywhere, it should be somewhere in Hardmode, adding the possibility of a non-Ankhblocked slow.

I think that in the early game, when fall damage is still actually a problem, the actual damage inflicted combined with the slow rate of regeneration is strong enough. I think that if anywhere, it should be somewhere in Hardmode, adding the possibility of a non-Ankhblocked slow.
Only Expert Mode perhaps???
BTW, this debuff does not affect life regen.

It might be a bit annoying in some cases (example: boss battles), but it may be more fair for Expert Mode.

What about a 50% or 33% chance for this? It would be a bit less frustrating I think.

This debuff would be better placed when the player gets hit by something with a high velocity, or for boss hits.
Examples: Hit by a golem fist, hit by a KO Cannon, Hit with a prime saw or vice, when hit by boulders, et cetra.

This debuff would be better placed when the player gets hit by something with a high velocity, or for boss hits.
Examples: Hit by a golem fist, hit by a KO Cannon, Hit with a prime saw or vice, when hit by boulders, et cetra.
Good point, it does make sense so yea

I don't see this causing much of a problem for any players, even in Expert mode. There are many items that grant immunity to fall damage, so they'll also prevent Dazed by extension.

Perhaps consider something like a player suffering a single attack with damage > 25% of their total health (from any source/enemy) will have a 10% chance of being Dazed. This would mean the debuff is more likely to affect Summoner/Mage than Melee due to less defence, but Summoners/Mages shouldn't really be in a position to soak up hits to begin with.

I don't see this causing much of a problem for any players, even in Expert mode. There are many items that grant immunity to fall damage, so they'll also prevent Dazed by extension.

Perhaps consider something like a player suffering a single attack with damage > 25% of their total health (from any source/enemy) will have a 10% chance of being Dazed. This would mean the debuff is more likely to affect Summoner/Mage than Melee due to less defence, but Summoners/Mages shouldn't really be in a position to soak up hits to begin with.

That is very true, i mean don't wings completely stop fall damage too? Because then that means hardmode players will have no problem at all, you should probarbly raise the percentages of the chances of inflicting the debuff however because i feel it should be a little higher, but it's alright.

They should probarbly make it so when they slowly fall with wings is when it only negates fall damage

i mean don't wings completely stop fall damage too
That's correct. The Lucky Horseshoe (and its tinkers) negate fall damage, as do all Wings. Horseshoes are available as soon as you can get access to Sky Islands, albeit with a bit of luck. There are also many tricks to avoid fall damage, but that's kind of out of scope.

you should probarbly raise the percentages of the chances of inflicting the debuff however because i feel it should be a little higher, but it's alright
Just bouncing ideas around - it's up to the OP if they'd like to use my thoughts, and if so, what numbers they use. :)

Back
Top Bottom