Developers,Are you planning to add a colorblind filter or any assistance?

It would be quite inclusively conscious to do that. The difficulty depends on how many kinds of color blindness are there and can changing the colors of a screen alone change that? Tmk special glasses are used to let people see colors so can just the screen do the same?

so can just the screen do the same?
iOS has some accessibility options that change the screen colors (3 colorblind (protanopia, deuteranopia, tritanopia), monochrome filter, and one that applies a color tint to the screen) and i'm pretty sure Windows probably has something like that (i remember messing around with display settings on my old laptop running W8.1)

It would be quite inclusively conscious to do that. The difficulty depends on how many kinds of color blindness are there and can changing the colors of a screen alone change that? Tmk special glasses are used to let people see colors so can just the screen do the same?
Color blind glasses don’t make it so color blind people can see all colors (that’s a myth mostly started by clickbaity YouTubers like Logan Paul). The glasses increase contrast and make it easier to differentiate between colors. It also takes time for color blind people to get used them and see a difference.

Edit: The effectiveness and usefulness of color blind glasses is also regularly debated.

Color blind accessibility in video games normally involves replacing colors with recognizable symbols and allowing the color of important elements to be customized. Terraria is already pretty good at this since most items like potions have distinct shapes, but making the shape of ores and gems more unique is something that could be improved.

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure Windows probably has something like that (i remember messing around with display settings on my old laptop running W8.1)
1706395526789.png

I have added your suggestion to the Accessibility in Terraria and Accessibility Suggestions paper and credited you as well- Red has seen the paper and shared it with the team, so good things are coming :). If you were on PC you could at least go to the workshop for texture packs or use mods that would make the ores easier to distinguish, but unfortunately you can't on mobile. Also link to the master thread on accessibility I made here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom