Biomes & Nature Different Water Types in Different Biomes

Do Lava Waders negate the effect? I don't use Diving Gear or Neptune's Shell. You see, I have all of my combat accessories in my Vanity slot and all of my mobility accessories in my Equipment slot, so I can change in between them on the fly. The only things I never move are my Ankh Shield and my Wings, so I don't really have space for either of those.

Do Lava Waders negate the effect? I don't use Diving Gear or Neptune's Shell. You see, I have all of my combat accessories in my Vanity slot and all of my mobility accessories in my Equipment slot, so I can change in between them on the fly. The only things I never move are my Ankh Shield and my Wings, so I don't really have space for either of those.
Yes, since technically you aren't in the water.
Very creative. :)
Thank you. :D

Now I plan to experiment a little bit more with water texture, but keep in mind this is my first time ever spriting water, or any liquid for that matter. I plan to take a few hours tomorrow to examine Terraria's water sprites and probably fine tune this a bit more.
Mushroom Water.png

Now I plan to experiment a little bit more with water texture, but keep in mind this is my first time ever spriting water, or any liquid for that matter. I plan to take a few hours tomorrow to examine Terraria's water sprites and probably fine tune this a bit more.
View attachment 27600
I thank you heartily. When you have the finished product I'll put it up there are credit you as usual.

Hello, TheQuietBisharp here, and I present to you another suggestion. You know how water has different cosmetic changes when in different biomes? I present to you, a different effect or debuff in each biome.

Snow biome water: Inflicts Chilled when half of your breath is gone

Desert Water: Sandy grains in the water cause Broken Armor after half your breath is lost

Jungle Water: boosts spawn rate of Pirahnas (you ever seen the Amazon? That is crazy)

Crimson Water: Begins to sap health after you lose half your breath

Corrupt Water: Causes Darkness when half breath is lost

Hallowed Water: I don't know:merchantconfused:

I also present a new water type, Mushroom Water: causes you to glow like the mushrooms themselves

Any diving gear or Neptune's Shell will negate the debuffs. So, what do you think?
Hmmmm. Sounds cool but would be a pain prehardmode. Post WOF?

I figured out a plausible debuff in the Hallow. Confusion will occur. Since in some fairy tales the water looks so pure and fresh, the characters drink it. They then end up with amnesia or the like, which seems the closest to Confusion.

Last edited:
I figured out a plausible debuff in the Hallow. Confusion will occur. Since in some fairy tales the water looks so pure and fresh, the characters drink it. They then end up with amnesia of the like, which seems the closest to Confusion.
Aww... I was kinda hoping that the Hallow would stay as the only biome water without a harmful effect

Back
Top Bottom