Biomes & Nature Different Water Types in Different Biomes

purity needs no effect, jungle i think already has a higher spawnrate like you want(as the biome overall not the water) and beyond that is probably just water, desert doesn't need the water to harm you, chilled for snow makes sense, the evil biomes make sense to be harmful, hallow i'm fine with either way.
(so i like snow and evil biomes, dislike adding one for desert)

but i don't know if terraria can actually mechanically do that without making them separate liquids and they can't really make them separate ones(theres a reason liquids form blocks on contact)
[DOUBLEPOST=1422827177][/DOUBLEPOST]
And how do you know that? Maybe you know the game code?
iirc red said they could only do 4 awhile ago in chat or something, heard it at least third hand (source:reading a thread containing casual mention by pre-mod lenfors) though so its not all that reliable, not like a first hand source at any rate

Last edited:
purity needs no effect, jungle i think already has a higher spawnrate like you want(as the biome overall not the water) and beyond that is probably just water, desert doesn't need the water to harm you, chilled for snow makes sense, the evil biomes make sense to be harmful, hallow i'm fine with either way.
(so i like snow and evil biomes, dislike adding one for desert)

but i don't know if terraria can actually mechanically do that without making them separate liquids and they can't really make them separate ones(theres a reason liquids form blocks on contact)
[DOUBLEPOST=1422827177][/DOUBLEPOST]
iirc red said they could only do 4 awhile ago in chat or something
Cenx did tell me that there are only 4 liquids, but the water's appearance changes so why can't the effect? And I like the desert one, I think it's my most creative.

iirc red said they could only do 4 awhile ago in chat or something, heard it third hand through pre-mod lenfors though

I originally saw this information in PaperbatVG's livestream of Terraria 1.2 (this would have been August/September 2013), where Redigit and Cenx joined the chat and talked with the players watching. There was extensive discussion of adding a 4th liquid (some sort of green Dungeon fluid was discussed as one of Red's brainstorms, but this was just one of many) and that the game engine couldn't handle more than 1 more liquid with adverse side effects, probably frame rate issues or something (I'm not sure).

Since then I've seen recent confirmations from developers (outside of readily viewable sources, I'm afraid) that are attempting to follow this "4-liquid limit". I don't think the game is hard limited at 4 liquids, its just that more than 4 would have a negative impact. So they are trying to make sure that the 4th liquid, if ever decided on, is worth it and a valuable addition to the game.

Uh oh, where's my water walking potions... :p

Hallowed water should give you...
The "Sparkling" buff
Purely aesthetic, sparkles appear around the character as long as the character is touching the water, and stays for 5 seconds after exiting.

Just an idea.
10/10 support! :D

@Robotoh I don't really want to bug you but if it's possible would you mind spriting me the Mushroom Water? If not, that's fine. I just want to try and give this thread new life.

@Robotoh I don't really want to bug you but if it's possible would you mind spriting me the Mushroom Water? If not, that's fine. I just want to try and give this thread new life.
I wouldn't mind at all. Only thing is that I'm putting my daughter to bed (TWO HOURS PAST HER BEDTIME!) So I might not get to it tonight. But I definitely would love to do that.

I wouldn't mind at all. Only thing is that I'm putting my daughter to bed (TWO HOURS PAST HER BEDTIME!) So I might not get to it tonight. But I definitely would love to do that.
Ah, kids. To the hopes that I will never have them. Thanks for your help, you have turned my Polar Shovel thread into a huge success.

Ah, kids. To the hopes that I will never have them. Thanks for your help, you have turned my Polar Shovel thread into a huge success.
Haha. I definitely say wait on kids. They're a handful.
[DOUBLEPOST=1423365651][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wonder if its even possible for liquids to have a sprite, since every liquid in the game is one solid color.
My thought is to make a 4x4 Sprite, make it dark blue and give it cyan and white floaties and sparkles. We'll see how it comes out.

I wonder if its even possible for liquids to have a sprite, since every liquid in the game is one solid color.
I'm assuming the water will have the mushrooms' always present glow, and be speckled with little mushroom spores. People like the eye candy, it helps the suggestion.

Yes and no. Yes: Water it is well, boring doing this would totally make things more challenging. No: This would make mining super annoying, because every time i start to mine I get stuck in water.

Yeah I guess, but remember not many people use those items because they find them a waste of an accessory.
It shall give them new use. Really, all I have to say is that they should :merchantcool: Deal With It. The point is that it's supposed to make water more difficult to manage. Maybe the amount of water in a world could be nerfed if needed.

Ah, kids. To the hopes that I will never have them.
:p way to let down all your ancestors ever ;) you only had to do one thing... (kidding)

don't they eventually tire out and drop if you just leave em?

Back
Top Bottom