disappearing bosses?

ZeroJinKui

The Destroyer
ok, to start off with, i was fighting skeletron prime after summoning him, and ended the fight just fine, but having plenty of time left in the night, i decided to summon him again for another battle...

the battle went much the same as before, but as he was ramming into me, taking damage from my death sickle and my turtle armor, skeletron prime just sorta... blinked out of existence.

he didnt die, cause nothing dropped, no smoke or other effects... literally just instantly disappeared and that was it.

i reloaded so i didnt waste the summoning item, of course.

i found this weird, cause it was the first time it ever happened to me... i dont know if it would happen again or with the other bosses, but i figured i would just mention it, just incase.

incase it matters, the fight took place on an asphalt block bridge fairly high in the air, at the top of a living tree, with a few torches and five heart statues with 1-second timers spread across it and a campfire and heart lantern on opposite ends of it.

again though, first time it ever happened, so i do not know how often it happens or which bosses are subject to this bug, other than skeletron prime.

also, this happened on the PS3 version.

Last edited:
That's similar to why I just came on here. I've been killing the destroyer for a week. [ well like 5 times anyway ] and every time it's health gets really low, poof, "the destroyer has been defeated" and it vanishes with no drops. Its getting really frustrating. Anybody got any ideas?

That's similar to why I just came on here. I've been killing the destroyer for a week. [ well like 5 times anyway ] and every time it's health gets really low, poof, "the destroyer has been defeated" and it vanishes with no drops. Its getting really frustrating. Anybody got any ideas?
To your question, the loot drops where the head is at the death. If you want a 100% chance to get all the loot, make sure you can see the head on screen when you kill him.

as butkicker said, the head was probably buried when it died, leaving the loot hidden underground.

in my case, i didnt even get a "skeletron prime has been defeated" message.

he still had a noticeable amount of health left, the boss didnt fall apart or explode or anything, he literally just "blink-and-you-miss-it" disappeared.

there were no visual effects or any acknowledgement by the game that he was ever there, like my character was just hallucinating or something. >_>

Thanks, but it was on screen. 1st time i thought that was the problem, so I dug underground a really large section and found nothing. But i just uninstalled and redownloaded it, and presto I got hallow bars. Yay. Hopefully your problem is that easy to fix.

Back
Top Bottom