Items Disassembler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us have made an item that we later came to regret making. Sometimes through not knowing and sometimes with something as simple as making one wrong click. Now you have to go get the materials again if you want to try to make the thing you actually want, sometimes that means going through another world in the hopes that you get the item you're looking for. Well this item will help that.

Disassembler

Sold by goblin tinkerer for 25 gold.

It is a furniture item.

There is one slot on the top and ten on the bottom. When you put an item in the first slot a progress bar will appear. Once that bar is filled the item will be reduced down to all of its components, in the case of items that could have one of two items as a component (such as the spectre boots) it will choose randomly the item you get.

The time it takes for an item to be taken apart is dependent on the cost of the item.

When I talk about taking apart an item I'm not just talking about accessories, I personally have built an extra helmet accidentally. That wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't out of ore and turtle shells. This would be quicker than grinding for it.

As always I wait for any questions, concerns, or complaints.

The problem with this suggestion is that it makes getting your favorite prefixes completely free. Time consuming, yes. But free.

I think the process of disassembling should be instant but require a sacrifice maybe not cash but perhaps there could be a chance of either gettin 100% of the resources back or 90% or 80% and so on until 50% so its a gammble but if your desperate its a risk worth taking.

I think the process of disassembling should be instant but require a sacrifice maybe not cash but perhaps there could be a chance of either gettin 100% of the resources back or 90% or 80% and so on until 50% so its a gammble but if your desperate its a risk worth taking.
I'd rather introduce a money cost. If you end up losing something like a star cloak you'd be pretty pissed.

Unfortunately I think this would make the game a little too easy. I think a better crafting menu so you don't mis-click is in order though :D

Unfortunately I think this would make the game a little too easy. I think a better crafting menu so you don't mis-click is in order though :D
In what way would it make things too easy? Also it is more so that I accidentally double tapped the button. Also newer players could make the mistakes of the obsidian horseshoe or bee cloak.

In what way would it make things too easy?
Having to work for those new materials and items is a part of the game. Having the penalty of losing materials means improvisation and trying new things, which in my opinion is what Terraria is all about. Maybe if you had to pay, lets say, double reforging costs to deconstruct a weapon, that would be a better idea I think.
Also it is more so that I accidentally double tapped the button.
Try not to?
Also newer players could make the mistakes of the obsidian horseshoe or bee cloak.
But I think it's a learning curve that invites players to have another go at the game and try different weapons.

Having to work for those new materials and items is a part of the game. Having the penalty of losing materials means improvisation and trying new things, which in my opinion is what Terraria is all about. Maybe if you had to pay, lets say, double reforging costs to deconstruct a weapon, that would be a better idea I think.

Try not to?

But I think it's a learning curve that invites players to have another go at the game and try different weapons.
Horseshoes are hard to get and OH do not make anything, so that's a learning curve? Some people don't want to go to a different world to get another item.

You would think that the bee cloak would get a damage buff of some sort. You know, because such a thing would be reasonable considering you get it in hardmode. You would also think that the bundle of balloons would get a lucky horseshoe upgrade like every other balloon accessory.
Try not to?
I didn't do it intentionally.
materials and items is a part of the game. Having the penalty of losing materials means improvisation and trying new things, which in my opinion is what Terraria is all about. Maybe if you had to pay, lets say, double reforging costs to deconstruct a weapon, that would be a better idea I think
Double seems a bit harsh. Eh it's not like you will have to disassemble things that often.

Support! Early on in hardmode I accidentally made two adamantite helmets with bars I got from crates. That sucked.

I think this is way to op because if you have a set of luminiite armor (one of the 4 types) just spend some money and you can get another type and you can even do this with any other armor or craftable weapon

I think this is way to op because if you have a set of luminiite armor (one of the 4 types) just spend some money and you can get another type and you can even do this with any other armor or craftable weapon
If you can kill the moon lord twice it's only a matter of time until you kill it enough times to get all of the equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom