Console Do console players recieve the 1.3 update later when the PC comes out?

It's the 28th of April, and we're still waiting. If someone who is working on 1.3 for console sees this, thank you for your work, but please, finish it soon. I'm done playing Terraria until 1.3, so much I/all console players are missing out on. :(
1.3 for consoles isn't going to be here for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Why are we even worried about it now, just be patient and let 505 and Engine do their work. Engine doesn't just port Terraria you know.
"We" are worried about it due to the ongoing disparity between the console ports and the PC version of Terraria.
Let's say that two friends decide to buy Terraria. One buys it for the PC and the other for console. It inevitably comes to the console players conclusion that he is disappointed by the fact that he paid more, yet got less than his friend in the terms of content.
His friend says "Man, this expert mode is a killer!" To which he must reply "Wouldn't know, don't have it."
His friend says "How did you do on your first Moon Lord fight?" To which he must respond "Don't have Moon Lord, and have absolutely no idea if/when i'll ever get it."
His friend says "Dude, I just got the Cosmic car keys. Infinite flight, hell yeah!" To which his friend says "Buddy, I think I got took by buying the console version of Terraria."

Is it so wrong for people to want the same thing that their friend got for the exact same product? If a friend and I go out and both buy brand new 2016 Chevy Silverado's and he gets extra leather seats, a tow package, tinted windows, and a larger engine for cheaper than what I paid you can bet your last doughnut on the fact that I would be contacting someone to say "What the hell, man!"
It is not unreasonable for someone to believe that Terraria should be Terraria regardless of the platform you buy it on. The fact that they are so far apart in content leaves a bad taste in a lot of console consumers mouths.
Please do not go around being unreasonable to others completely reasonable complaints. It makes the community seem divided due to some purchasers (PC version) obvious benefit over others (Console version) lack thereof.

"We" are worried about it due to the ongoing disparity between the console ports and the PC version of Terraria.
Let's say that two friends decide to buy Terraria. One buys it for the PC and the other for console. It inevitably comes to the console players conclusion that he is disappointed by the fact that he paid more, yet got less than his friend in the terms of content.
His friend says "Man, this expert mode is a killer!" To which he must reply "Wouldn't know, don't have it."
His friend says "How did you do on your first Moon Lord fight?" To which he must respond "Don't have Moon Lord, and have absolutely no idea if/when i'll ever get it."
His friend says "Dude, I just got the Cosmic car keys. Infinite flight, hell yeah!" To which his friend says "Buddy, I think I got took by buying the console version of Terraria."

Is it so wrong for people to want the same thing that their friend got for the exact same product? If a friend and I go out and both buy brand new 2016 Chevy Silverado's and he gets extra leather seats, a tow package, tinted windows, and a larger engine for cheaper than what I paid you can bet your last doughnut on the fact that I would be contacting someone to say "What the hell, man!"
It is not unreasonable for someone to believe that Terraria should be Terraria regardless of the platform you buy it on. The fact that they are so far apart in content leaves a bad taste in a lot of console consumers mouths.
Please do not go around being unreasonable to others completely reasonable complaints. It makes the community seem divided due to some purchasers (PC version) obvious benefit over others (Console version) lack thereof.
Have you tried to port multiple games on many different consoles at once with only about 35 people? It's hard

Have you tried to port multiple games on many different consoles at once with only about 35 people? It's hard
As a matter of fact, yes I have "ported" over quite a few programs in my career. Windows to Mac, C# to Java, Game maker to Visual Basic and vice versa across the board. I'm well aware of how difficult it can be, thank you very much.
Who are these mythical 35 people you speak of? 505 Games has 4x that many people and Engine Software (the people that actually code the ports) only have 3 full time coders (one lead and two game). Please do a little research before spreading mis-information.
My contention is not the number of people working on a given project. I have nothing but the highest respect for Ruud and his team at Engine. However, as the publisher of Terraria for consoles/mobile it comes down to 505 Games ability to produce timely updates to it's purchasers to maintain a consistency to the franchise. If Engine Software either can not hire the people it needs or afford to do so on the basis of the contract that was written for said product coding in a timely fashion then 505 needs to hire someone who can. I've been in the business world long enough to know that the most important factor in success is not pointing fingers when something goes wrong. It's realizing that if/when an issue comes into existence, you start taking the steps necessary to correct the issue.
Did you even read my post or are you just white knighting something you do not understand and should spend a little time researching before adding relevant input?

rage is my thing... if i dont feel incomprehensible hatred toward the world, who will?

if we dont get the full experience, then what was the point of even making the game?

and even talking about 1.2.4 is getting ahead of ourselves, really... we dont even have 1.2.2 and 1.2.3...
The full experience is Terraria 1.0 the devs didn't have to do anything beyond that.

first, why did you reply to such an old post... and second... they didn't have to, but they DID.

so now the FULL experience is 1.3 and beyond.
I saw this thread, looked at it, and replied on instinct, never looked at the date. Also, imagine Terraria 1.0 as any game you want, and imagine everything else past 1.0 as free DLC. The goal of the console version of Terraria was to get it ported. They could have stopped, and their objective would've been complete. Nothing past 1.0 is guaranteed, deserved, necessary, or "The full experience of Terraria".

As a matter of fact, yes I have "ported" over quite a few programs in my career. Windows to Mac, C# to Java, Game maker to Visual Basic and vice versa across the board. I'm well aware of how difficult it can be, thank you very much.
Who are these mythical 35 people you speak of? 505 Games has 4x that many people and Engine Software (the people that actually code the ports) only have 3 full time coders (one lead and two game). Please do a little research before spreading mis-information.
My contention is not the number of people working on a given project. I have nothing but the highest respect for Ruud and his team at Engine. However, as the publisher of Terraria for consoles/mobile it comes down to 505 Games ability to produce timely updates to it's purchasers to maintain a consistency to the franchise. If Engine Software either can not hire the people it needs or afford to do so on the basis of the contract that was written for said product coding in a timely fashion then 505 needs to hire someone who can. I've been in the business world long enough to know that the most important factor in success is not pointing fingers when something goes wrong. It's realizing that if/when an issue comes into existence, you start taking the steps necessary to correct the issue.
Did you even read my post or are you just white knighting something you do not understand and should spend a little time researching before adding relevant input?
1. I like you SO much and agree with everything. 2. I was just asking, but have you considered trying to join 505Games? You'd be my favorite dev! (Plus, the only dev I would kinda know, even though I really don't know you) :p

Back
Top Bottom