Do you make secret rooms?

Playercabby

Terrarian
I love using actuators to hide passageways to, larger, underground secret caverns.
Do you find yourself building secret rooms or compartments?

How do you do it?

I paint pressure plates black in a fully Obsidian room, and only when the Obsidian room is hard to get to and has no observable purpose. The room that opens is not next to it, and is also not near anywhere where people go. The button the secret room is usually on the underside of a floating island.

Nobody has ever found one of my secret rooms. Ever.

Not really, until I play MP without protected regions. However, I use actuators for arenas such as for the Pumpkin Moon.

I haven't done it in Single Player which is what I play mostly as I don't need to hide my own treasures from myself.

Even in Multiplayer I don't make Secret Rooms/buildings like I might in Minecraft because whenever I get an item that I value a lot to not want to risk it being stolen I just put it in my Piggy Bank/Safe which contain enough room for the items I consider super valuable. The people I've played with before I don't think would steal from each other and myself, but even if it happened the items I put in normal chests in Multiplayer it wouldn't be a huge deal to me if they got stolen.

I've only ever made one.

It turns out, when you run out of surface space in your multiplayer fort for Peddler's Hats, you need to get a little.. creative.

SaslulI.png
BBoyW0r.png

I paint pressure plates black in a fully Obsidian room, and only when the Obsidian room is hard to get to and has no observable purpose. The room that opens is not next to it, and is also not near anywhere where people go. The button the secret room is usually on the underside of a floating island.

Nobody has ever found one of my secret rooms. Ever.
Just out of curiosity, if a player was walking around with his wiring tools out, wouldn't it be fairly easy to find secret rooms?
Or can you even disguise that?
[DOUBLEPOST=1448778108,1448777684][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've only ever made one.

It turns out, when you run out of surface space in your multiplayer fort for Peddler's Hats, you need to get a little.. creative.

SaslulI.png
BBoyW0r.png
Why would you need so many peddlers hats?

Back
Top Bottom