Do you think the Terra blade should be buffed?

Should the Terra blade be buffed?

• Total voters

2cool4uall

Terrarian
I currently find it very under powered, maybe a new recipe to make it viable in post-Golem, please let me know.

EDIT: Thanks for all the responses, I still think they could do something to make it more viable after moon lord, maybe a new upgrade item. BUT I dont think the base weapon needs to be buffed, its still a good item. Thank you.

Last edited:
The Terra Blade has only recieved buffs since it got introduced. It's currently even too powerful when obtained.

Are you comparing it with the Celestial/Lunar weapons?

The Terra Blade has only recieved buffs since it got introduced. It's currently even too powerful when obtained.

Are you comparing it with the Celestial/Lunar weapons?
The solar weapons yes, I think it should be something comparable to those weapons, maybe just more damage though. I agree it's a great sword only when obtained, the one Lunar sword from the martian event is stronger. I still think it should be buffed

Last edited:
I do think the Terra Blade should receive an upgrade or equivalent as the other three endgame swords (Influx Waver, Starfury, Meowmere) have limitations. But I don't think the Terra Blade in its current form should be buffed, per se.

I do think the Terra Blade should receive an upgrade or equivalent as the other three endgame swords (Influx Waver, Starfury, Meowmere) have limitations. But I don't think the Terra Blade in its current form should be buffed, per se.
Ahh I see, thats a good point.

Terra blade does not need a buff. Upgrade your gear.
I have full solar armor with decent accessories, I just find it very under powered, its named the Terra blade so I would expect it to be at least decent for fighting moon lord. I still use it since it's my fav 1.2 item, but I dont find it viable anymore.

Yeah well you aren't going to get to use lower end items on new more powerful bosses. That's how games work. People like the copper short sword but they cant fight moon lord with it.

No, Terra Blade still the "most" powerful sword in the game. For comparision, Terra Blade has a base value of 95, while the Meowmere having 200, doubling the Terra Blade. But, when we looked the crits, it gets different. With the same conditions beam from Terra Blade(called Terra Beam) deals 1646 crit value, while the projectile(not beam) from Meowmere deals 2876 crit value, not the double of Terra Beam.

So, Terra Blade is an "itself-buffed" weapon, and better than anything from Lunar tier or from Martians.(Really, it's coolest sword in the game!)

Terra Blade doesn't need a buff. Its extremely powerful for its tier, and is a very viable weapon through the end of the game. It may not be the absolute best melee weapon, but I don't see any reason why it needs to be.

Terra Blade is as strong as it should be. I wouldn't mind if Broken Hero Swords were easier to get (other Solar Eclipse enemies could also drop them). In my opinion, Mothron farming is annoying and time consuming. It's much easier to cheese kill Martian Saucers if you want an Influx Waver. At this point, Terra Blade is not worth crafting unless you are really lucky with Mothrons.

Last edited:
Just look at this post. Terra Blade is powerful than Influx Waver. Yes, it has a special ability, but it's applied only when it hits. So doesn't matter. :)

Aaaaaaaand, The Terra Blade is still awesome!

I don't think I have much to say, but here we go. I DON'T think the Terrablade should be buffed (even though it is one of my favorite weapons), because it is already strong enough. On PC it should get rid of that ANNOYING SOUND, but I don't see the issue. Just reforge it to be Legendary and reforge your accessories (unless its a no accessory playthrough, of course). I also found a random mod (by "random" I mean, "I dunno da mod man") that upgrades the Terrablade so it is red, does more damage, and inflicts On Fire! debuff. Also it is faster and shoots more beams at a time. Also, @SteveisNoob the Influx Waver in fact does more damage than the TB, though, not nearly as fast. Wow, I said I didn't have much to say :D

No, Terra Blade still the "most" powerful sword in the game. For comparision, Terra Blade has a base value of 95, while the Meowmere having 200, doubling the Terra Blade. But, when we looked the crits, it gets different. With the same conditions beam from Terra Blade(called Terra Beam) deals 1646 crit value, while the projectile(not beam) from Meowmere deals 2876 crit value, not the double of Terra Beam.

So, Terra Blade is an "itself-buffed" weapon, and better than anything from Lunar tier or from Martians.(Really, it's coolest sword in the game!)
Thanks for the explanation, I think I changed my opinion.
[doublepost=1458239688,1458239625][/doublepost]
I don't think I have much to say, but here we go. I DON'T think the Terrablade should be buffed (even though it is one of my favorite weapons), because it is already strong enough. On PC it should get rid of that ANNOYING SOUND, but I don't see the issue. Just reforge it to be Legendary and reforge your accessories (unless its a no accessory playthrough, of course). I also found a random mod (by "random" I mean, "I dunno da mod man") that upgrades the Terrablade so it is red, does more damage, and inflicts On Fire! debuff. Also it is faster and shoots more beams at a time. Also, @SteveisNoob the Influx Waver in fact does more damage than the TB, though, not nearly as fast. Wow, I said I didn't have much to say :D
Thanks for the info. :)

I don't think that the Terra Blade should be buffed

BUT

I'm really dissapointed that the didn't add a True Terra Blade! thats what we should get.

Maybe because the Meowmere and Influx wavers are similair enough?
True, true, i think its only good for the Plantera fight. then you get better stuff and quickly get the the lunar event.

oh well, guess we just gotta put up with it
[doublepost=1458246555,1458246502][/doublepost]
Terra Blade doesn't need a buff. Its extremely powerful for its tier, and is a very viable weapon through the end of the game. It may not be the absolute best melee weapon, but I don't see any reason why it needs to be.
lol im always lucky w/ mothrons

What I would do:
-Replace Meowmere with Terrablade's skin and name, give it same particle mechanics as in Meowmere, but without "meow" sound and with different particle skin (maybe large, bouncing seeds leaving thorn vines behind them)
- Put Meowmere in place of Terrablade and make it shoot cat heads in a stright lines

TERRAblade sounds like it's essence of TERRAria world. It should be most powerful sword in whole game :p

Back
Top Bottom