PC Terra Blade Crit Values

SteveisNoob

Pixel Pirate
I have calculated a maximum crit damage for Terra Blade, but im not sure about calculations. So, here is my conditions and final crit value;

A Ruthless Terra Blade(112 damage, prefix effect included)

Warrior Emblem(+%15 melee damage)
Avenger Emblem(+%12 damage)
Destroyer Emblem(+%10 damage)
Power Glove(+%12 melee damage)
Mechanical Glove(+%12 melee damage)
Celestial Shell(+%15 damage, when at night not in water(Werewolf buff))
All accesories reforged to Menacing(+%24 damage)

Wrath Buff(+%10 damage)
Well Fed Buff(+%5 damage)
Tipsy Debuff(+%10 melee damage)

Beetle Armor with Beetle Scale Mail(+%14 melee damage)
Full-Powered Beetle Might Buff(+%30 melee damage)

Green Slime(0 defense)
Green Slime Banner(+%100 damage against Green Slime, when on Expert)

+-%15 random damage multiplier(A damage range from 371 to 475, the +-%15 percentage is according to the Wiki)

At this conditions, the Terra Blade deals 475 damage according to my calculations. Then since the Terra Beam deals double of Terra Blade's damage the beam should deal 950 damage. And finally when it is a critical hit, the damage doubles, resulting a crit value of 1900.

If there's any wrong calculation with it please let me know, and then I will make it correct. :)

Now, finally, you may ask "What is the reason for this?" Now, the reason is that I executed a crit value over 1100 when dealing with Expert Solar Eclipse, then I wondered "What is the maximum?" :)

Thank you all for spending your time to read this, and of course helping me!

Well, the best test for this would be... a test. Get yourself a target dummy, and the listed load-out and see what number you can produce. :) I'm skeptical of your big numbers there, as I think that the percentage modifiers in game are often additive, meaning percent of the weapons base value, for example, as opposed to cumulative (like interest on a bank account). But I've seldom explored the ins and outs of this aspect of the game. I know @DicemanX certainly has, if he fancies coming out to play, here.;)

Last edited:
And there's the result. I couldn't manage to get clean damage values on screen, so I had to do with Blue Slimes. Unfortunately, the result less than I expected, but still awesome!
1646 crit value with a Terra Blade!

1646.png

And there is 2786 crit with a Meowmere! Fabulous! I didn't calculate a crit value for the Meowmere but now I don't need to calculate :)

2786.png

Last edited:
The Terra Beam doesn't deal twice as much damage if I recall correctly. It's 30% stronger than the blade but I might be wrong. Anyway, great effects.

Now, I'm forced to make an Influx Waver trial, because of this post. And there's the result. Influx Waver has a base damage value of 110, that's 15 more than Terra Blade. But maximum crits on the Terra Blade's side. The max crit value that I executed is 1534.
1534.png

i don't think that minions can crit but you can try to find max dmg with it
Yes, minions can't deal criticals, but sometimes I can see some damage values seemed like critical, ie a minion deals a mob 50dmg and under the same conditions you can see about 100dmg from that minion. But, of course it should be tested to be confirmed. So yeah, the tests for Stardust Dragon and Star Wrath coming soon!

Finally finished the tests, interestingly I got something incredible about Stardust Dragon, so I will start with it;
Incredible, isn't it? 1807 damage just in a single hit? It even beats the Terra Blade! For information, the damage value on the Staff was 125 when doing this, and I want to ask @Cenx how it is possible? Please @Cenx, it's something very surprizing and incredible!
Note: Of course I switched some items to make a summoner build, I will post the items very soon.
1807.png

This one isn't that incredible, but it will make the Meowmere fans sad. 3018 damage with a single hit! The wiki page of Star Wrath says the projectiles deal twice o the sword's damage, and an animation verifies it, meaning the base damage of projectile is 220. And yeah, reaching 3018 from 220 is awesome!
3018.png

Finally finished the tests, interestingly I got something incredible about Stardust Dragon, so I will start with it;
Incredible, isn't it? 1807 damage just in a single hit? It even beats the Terra Blade! For information, the damage value on the Staff was 125 when doing this, and I want to ask @Cenx how it is possible? Please @Cenx, it's something very surprizing and incredible!
Note: Of course I switched some items to make a summoner build, I will post the items very soon.
View attachment 104617

This one isn't that incredible, but it will make the Meowmere fans sad. 3018 damage with a single hit! The wiki page of Star Wrath says the projectiles deal twice o the sword's damage, and an animation verifies it, meaning the base damage of projectile is 220. And yeah, reaching 3018 from 220 is awesome!
View attachment 104618

You do realize, however, Summoner mobs cannot target players. Making the Terra Blade Vs Stardust a comparison only valuable to PvE.

You do realize, however, Summoner mobs cannot target players. Making the Terra Blade Vs Stardust a comparison only valuable to PvE.
Yes, but if we talk about PvP, the ones have Sniper Rifle and Last Prism rule the game...
And more importantly, the damage calculation is different on PvP and PvE, so the PvP completely ruled out for this thread :)

Yes, but if we talk about PvP, the ones have Sniper Rifle and Last Prism rule the game...
And more importantly, the damage calculation is different on PvP and PvE, so the PvP completely ruled out for this thread :)
There is no separate formula for PVP vs PvE, both use the same calculation method, however, some items/weapons cannot be used on players.

There is no separate formula for PVP vs PvE, both use the same calculation method, however, some items/weapons cannot be used on players.
Unless I'm mistaken you can't deal criticals on PvP, and this is about criticals. :) So no use for PvP
so star wrath is equal to meowmere or more powerful?
These two swords about equal, the thing that makes the difference is environment. Star Wrath allows you to make "projectile rains" which is useful when dealing with powerful mobs and crowds. And the Meowmere is... It's good for closed area fights, but gravity-affected projectile of Meowmere doesn't seem to good. So, about pure damage Meowmere and Star Wrath should make a good combo, but coupling Star Wrath with a Terra Blade should get the style and usefullness points ;)

What about applying ichor to the green slime?

Also, a tip for PvP: players have the invincibility timer that they normally have, while mobs have none (unless they're hit by a piercing attack, so as to prevent them from taking basically infinite damage). Thus, faster attacks like the Chain Gun or Megashark will deal one of their base damage every 1.5-3 seconds, depending on whether the Cross Necklace is in use. Thus, a hard-hitting weapon like the Tactical Shotgun, Sniper Rifle or Daybreak is the way to go.

I also wanted to note that the Star Wrath's DPS won't actually be that high on a single target, thanks to the piercing ability of the stars and the piercing invulnerability timer. On multiple enemies, though, it can reach that in a jiffy.

Back
Top Bottom