Game Mechanics Doctor Mode - A mode that is more difficult than Master Mode.

Hey, nice job on fixing up these issues, and so quickly at that! Just remember to take your time and don't overwork yourself or stress yourself out. Hope you end up making this into something you're truly happy with! :)
Thank you! I will take the time I need to do it and I think that it will be great at the end! I have lots of ideas brewing here on my head and I will put them here as soon as I can. Thank you for saying to the people that I made a complaint about the people's reclamations.
You are a really good person! And I appreciate it!

NEW UPDATE, PEOPLE!! GO SEE THERE THE NEW THINGS I PUT THERE!
MORE ADJUSMENTS AND POLISHING WILL COME IN THE FUTURE.
STILL A WIP. NEXT UPDATE I WILL TRY TO PUT INFO ABOUT ALL THE NON-EVENT HARMODE BOSSES.
STAY TUNNED!! :happy::D<3
The new Doctor Mode boss changes and drops seem pretty neat! These changes will actually make it harder instead of just making it more tedious, keep going! This would be pretty darn hard when combined with For The Worthy!

On the other hand, I think that you should remove the random chance of bosses that don't spawn naturally spawning, like Duke Fishron, Plantera, Empress of Light, etc. This doesn't add any difficulty, you can just avoid it by using a Recall Potion or Magic Mirror.

On the other hand, I think that you should remove the random chance of bosses that don't spawn naturally spawning, like Duke Fishron, Plantera, Empress of Light, etc. This doesn't add any difficulty, you can just avoid it by using a Recall Potion or Magic Mirror.
Maybe if I make it be really low? I mean, if it was 0,5%, now it will be 0,075% or 0,1%, if it was 10%, now it will be like 1% or 1,5%, idk exactly. But I like that new mechanic for the game. I wouldn't like to completely delete it. But I can reduce its probablity to spawn naturally. Would it be okay for you if it was like that?

Maybe if I make it be really low? I mean, if it was 0,5%, now it will be 0,075% or 0,1%, if it was 10%, now it will be like 1% or 1,5%, idk exactly. But I like that new mechanic for the game. I wouldn't like to completely delete it. But I can reduce its probablity to spawn naturally. Would it be okay for you if it was like that?
Why do you want to keep it? What does it contribute?

I appreciate that you like the idea, but many people don't like it, for the reason that it doesn't add anything to the game. Did a boss spawn on you? Who cares! You could just Magic Mirror away. It doesn't add difficulty, only tedium, which is an issue a lot of Doctor Mode's features seem to have.

But what aspects of it makes you like this feature?

How about that all boss summons have a chance to summon two of that boss. It would be a challenge and give a greater reward if the player can complete it.
That would be cool, but I would prefer if players could choose whether or not for it to activate. It’s more like a risk and reward system that way, and would mean you don’t get unfairly screwed over by doubles of bosses like Plantera.

How about that all boss summons have a chance to summon two of that boss. It would be a challenge and give a greater reward if the player can complete it.
Idea regarding this: What if, for double the materials required to make the regular summoning item, you could make a non-consumable variant exclusive to Doctor Mode, with the catch being that it summons 2 of the boss.

Example:
Suspicious Looking Eye: Consumable, 6 Lenses required.

Uncomfortable Looking Eye: DOCTOR MODE EXCLUSIVE, Non-Consumable, 12 Lenses required, Summons 2 Eyes of Cthulhu.

EDIT: This would have to work differently with Moon Lord, due to how it functions.

Idea regarding this: What if, for double the materials required to make the regular summoning item, you could make a non-consumable variant exclusive to Doctor Mode, with the catch being that it summons 2 of the boss.

Example:

Uncomfortable Looking Eye: DOCTOR MODE EXCLUSIVE, Non-Consumable, 12 Lenses required, Summons 2 Eyes of Cthulhu.
I feel as if this should be a non-exclusive thing lol

Example:

EDIT: This would have to work differently with Moon Lord, due to how it functions.
Great idea guys! It would be really better than making Bosses be able to spawn randomly at their Biomes or at night. At the next update I'll put it. But I think it should have something at its recipe to make it harder to make. I'm not fully decided if I will put CantWontDo's idea or Doodles' idea.

The double boss summons use double the materials their normal versions use. I said this in my original suggestion.
Yes, but that's not enough. It needs to be some new thing that you can only obtain in this mode to make the summoners exclusive to the mode.
Do you understand?

I appreciate that you like the idea, but many people don't like it, for the reason that it doesn't add anything to the game. Did a boss spawn on you? Who cares! You could just Magic Mirror away. It doesn't add difficulty, only tedium, which is an issue a lot of Doctor Mode's features seem to have.
Magic Mirror doesn't guarantee a despawn, but Save and Exit does. There's nothing stopping me from hitting alt+f4 and yoinking myself back.

Back
Top Bottom