Doctor Who

Scipizoa

Official Terrarian
Yes its back, the Doctor Who thread, as I other terrarians much enjoyed discussing the show in the old forums, I figure others would like to continue such enjoyment in these new forums, so discuss anything and EVERYTHING Doctor Who.

I like Doctor Who! It's a great, fun TV show.

I haven't seen the last two episodes in the latest season (Listen and Time Heist) but so far season 8 has been kind of cheesy. Capaldi is good... It just hasn't been up to par for me so far. I hope to watch the new episodes and be pleasantly surprised. :)

I Understand what you mean, season 8 seems kinda sloe paced and well not as great as the previous other seasons, thats just me tho

I think it's great! The last two episodes were quite good. I think Capaldi is perfect for this because he has that wise grandfather act allong with that funny grandchild act. It also helps that he was in the Torchwood series, so he's used to the Doctor Who strangeness.

I personally think that this is the best (consecutive) run of episodes that we've had since Series 5. Some are better than others, obviously, but we haven't had a dud yet.

I Understand what you mean, season 8 seems kinda sloe paced and well not as great as the previous other seasons, thats just me tho

Yeah, there's a definite slower pace, but I think it's a nice contrast to the high-energy and fast episodes from Ten and Eleven's tenures. Both styles are great - just suited to different Doctors.

I think Capaldi is perfect for this because he has that wise grandfather act allong with that funny grandchild act.

This description is especially suitable when you consider how much Series 8 is echoing Season 1 from 1963. An older Doctor, played by someone in his fifties, is travelling with two teachers and a student from Coal Hill School. Loving it so much!

This description is especially suitable when you consider how much Series 8 is echoing Season 1 from 1963. An older Doctor, played by someone in his fifties, is travelling with two teachers and a student from Coal Hill School. Loving it so much!

I never thought of it that way, very interesting point. :)

Anyone else not really liking the 12th Doctor? He's so... mean.. like, wow. Not even hugs? Cold.

If you think Twelve is mean, you should check out Six. He tried to strangle his companion at one stage...

To be fair though, none of the Classic Doctors hugged their companions much either (if at all). It's a very recent trend.

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Why must the Gods of Doctor who infect Terrarians?! In all seriousness, Doctor Who's getting addicting to people.

Have to admit that I didn't really enjoy The Caretaker - and that the main reason was the 12th Doctor. The way he acted towards Danny was downright disgusting and only happened because the plot demanded it. He's got on well with lots of soldiers before now - it all felt out of character.

It's a shame, because the rest of the episode wasn't that bad. 12's behaviour just dragged it considerably less enjoyable.

I felt the exact opposite. The doctor was about the only thing I did like in that episode, him and the ending. The doctor has always had problems with soldiers in general and, sure, they definitely played it up a bit for this ep, but this wasn't just a soldier, it was a soldier that was dating the companion.

Doctor Who is like a drug, when you start you can't stop.

Now on another note I really enjoyed time heist, liked the entire concept of it and wished they would of done things like that more often.

The newest episode wasn't that great but overall pretty good. The first episode for season 8 was a letdown for me :/

The doctor has always had problems with soldiers in general and, sure, they definitely played it up a bit for this ep, but this wasn't just a soldier, it was a soldier that was dating the companion.

If the Doctor had known that Danny was Clara's boyfriend from the start of the episode, that may have excused some offhandedness and mild rudeness. As it stands, though, the Doctor had no idea who Danny was until Clara told him - yet he still bullied him. I just can't find anything in the Doctor's character that could justify the level of vitriol here - the Doctor's interacted with plenty of soldiers without trouble (The Brigadier, Sergeant Benton, Captain Yates; more recently Ross from the Sontaran episodes in 2008 and his 'daughter' Jenny). Then you've got all the hundreds of various freedom fighters/rebels etc that he's encountered.

But I digress, it just fell way too OoC for me.

I'd agree with you on that one SonicR

I think doctor who is just going though some weird times, they'll hopefully neaten up on this weeks episode

It is definitely an adjusting period for the show and its audience - new Doctor, drastic tonal shift...it will take a while for everything to settle down (though I think they've been doing a fantastic job so far).

Apparently the next episode's meant to be really scary - so much so that they've pushed the broadcast time in the UK back by about an hour.

If the Doctor had known that Danny was Clara's boyfriend from the start of the episode, that may have excused some offhandedness and mild rudeness. As it stands, though, the Doctor had no idea who Danny was until Clara told him - yet he still bullied him. I just can't find anything in the Doctor's character that could justify the level of vitriol here - the Doctor's interacted with plenty of soldiers without trouble (The Brigadier, Sergeant Benton, Captain Yates; more recently Ross from the Sontaran episodes in 2008 and his 'daughter' Jenny). Then you've got all the hundreds of various freedom fighters/rebels etc that he's encountered.

But I digress, it just fell way too OoC for me.

I guess your right, maybe I was just being to generous because I didn't like the episode much to begin with. :)

With the revelation of what the Moon actually is, I can't help but think of the Silurians. They moved their entire civilisation underground and put themselves into suspended animation because an egg was hurtling towards the planet. Looks like they didn't want egg in their faces! :D

Great episode. 12's level of heartlessness was astounding, and Clara is absolutely right to call him out on it. Yes, it wasn't his choice to make, but there were much better ways he could have behaved. Not leaving, for instance.

Bit annoyed that the spider things disappeared from the episode once they weren't needed. What was the point of them anyway, apart from killing two guys?

I like Doctor Who! It's a great, fun TV show.

I haven't seen the last two episodes in the latest season (Listen and Time Heist) but so far season 8 has been kind of cheesy. Capaldi is good... It just hasn't been up to par for me so far. I hope to watch the new episodes and be pleasantly surprised. :)
Oh the newest episode are pretty good
The moon...

Bit annoyed that the spider things disappeared from the episode once they weren't needed. What was the point of them anyway, apart from killing two guys?

They were bacteria living on the creature, feeding off it.

They died when it hatched.

On another note next weeks episode looks awesome

Back
Top Bottom