Does sleeping and sitting do anything?

equazcion

Skeletron Prime
Looks like we can now sleep in beds and sit in chairs. Is this just visual, or does it cause any functional effect?

Looks like we can now sleep in beds and sit in chairs. Is this just visual, or does it cause any functional effect?
Sitting is just cute and fun. While you sleep, you can advance time faster. There are certain conditions where time isn't allowed to go faster while sleeping though. If you're in multiplayer, all players need to be sleeping in order to skip time.

I've let my character lay in bed for several in-game hours and haven't seen time go any faster (all NPCs around, no events). Do we know what other conditions there are?

I've let my character lay in bed for several in-game hours and haven't seen time go any faster (all NPCs around, no events). Do we know what other conditions there are?
Are you in single player or multiplayer? Are you in Journey Mode and have the time frozen?

I'm in singleplayer, in a normal world, with a normal character, not journey or expert or master.
Shouldn't be any other conditions. You right click on the part of the bed with the "zzz", your character will then lay down in the bed, and after about 2-3 seconds, the time will go faster. If you have a watch you can see the minutes going by faster, and if there are clouds in the sky, they'll travel along the sky faster. The bed doesn't even have to be in a proper house.

The time won't speed up if there is a Blood Moon or Eclipse.

I tried generating a new world and it worked. I guess one condition is you can't be in a world generated before 1.4? Thanks for the input :)

I tried generating a new world and it worked. I guess one condition is you can't be in a world generated before 1.4? Thanks for the input :)
Weird, I went into my old world (made in 2015) with an old character and it worked fine. Time sped up. So it's not exclusive to only newly generated worlds. Did your old world happen to ever be edited with TEdit or anything like that?

Nope, never edited it with third-party software. I tried two of my established worlds from pre-1.4 and couldn't get sleep to work. Odd...

Back
Top Bottom