Game Mechanics Does Terraria need a creative mode?

2ndWann

Steampunker
I know this is a ridiculous question, but I am simply in a hurry and I am too lazy to get building materials.

So, do you think Terraria needs a creative mode?

In my opinion, though it would be cool, I am not sure that Terraria would need a creative mode. I always liked how you can't just get the items you want out of thin air, and you get better items as you progress in the game. I am kind of iffy about the creative mode, but for building it would definitely be useful.

A Creative Mode has been confirmed and will be added, where when you get an items in "Survival Mode" you get infinite of it in the Creative Mode

Yes it does. Some people play Terraria to create things and they should have that freedom to do so.

Having said that, I think a creative / sandbox mode should be separate from normal gameplay. You shouldn't be able to change worlds and players to/from creative and normal. I also expect it might be locked behind a particular event (e.g. entering hardmode).

Definitely yes. One of my gripes with Terraria is that it has an incredibly clear (and long) progression system; which don't get me wrong, that's great when it comes to the fighting/survival aspect. However, it makes it so that you not only have to hunt for resources to construct things with, but most of these materials are only accessible later in the game. Want to make a house involving Adamantite Beams early in the game? Nope, you can't do that.

Often I give up making fancy structures because the materials you're given with at the start of the game a fairly limited and finding some of them is a chore. A creative mode would be sweet, although if it was ever toggle-able in a survival world it could very easily result in cheating.

If anything, Terraria needs a Creative mode more than Minecraft does. The sheer number of possibilities in building are impractical to go through in "survival".

Back
Top Bottom