DoTA 2

TankNut

Terrarian
Dota-2-Wallpaper1.jpg

Because not having a thread for this game would be a shame. Opinions on 6.82?

Personally I feel pretty positive about the changes, thanks to the gold bounty mechanics people seem much less likely to just give up after a horrible laning phase and comebacks are so much more common. So far most of my games have ended up being fairly closely matched which is a great thing in my opinion.

As for the hero changes: I'm still getting used to the Bloodseeker redesign, while thirst providing bonuses all the time is nice and all I still can't get properly used to the fact that bloodbath is reworked into his first skill. PL's rework is lovely though, really scary to play against and quite enjoyable to play as.

Last edited:
Some leeway is being given, because the forum just launched, but opening posts like this are not acceptable. What are your opinions on "6.82"? In the future, do not create threads asking for others opinions without offering your own. One shouldn't create a thread and expect everyone else to do all work.

I love pretty much everything about this update except for the "nerf" for Cancer Lancer, it made him 20% more cancerous.
It is now possible to farm ancients early as Nature Prophet, Blood Seeker isn't as bad as he used to be during the laning phase, new juke spots and the glorious bounty rune!
Oh and how could I forget the new Shadow Fiend look? Its awesome!
3/3 would play.

I love pretty much everything about this update except for the "nerf" for Cancer Lancer, it made him 20% more cancerous.
Honestly, seeing how Cancer has been played as an idiot's version of Naga for the longest time, I'm glad there's some kind of change. Sure, he's incredibly explosive as an mid-late game carry, but he can no longer contribute what a real "Burning's super-late carry" can do.

Anyways, the patch killed off deathball; seeing how disappointing TI4 was in comparison to the rest of The Internationals, I'm glad that we're going back to a longer game with more focus on late-game carries and team-fight lineups.

Absolutely love it. New Bloodseeker is a lot of fun to play, if quite different, and so is PL. The new map removed some of the huge advantages that Dire had by default, while adding more areas where sweet plays are possible.

I'm also glad that Valve did something against bottle crowing. The Bounty rune, while not amazingly useful on it's own, is enough consolation if your poor little mid Invoker doesn't find that Regeneration rune he so needed in order to finish off someone with SunStrike or bring down the Meatballs of Doom. At least he can get some more water now! Y'know what they say, one gulp of a bottle a day keeps the magic powers flowing.

Honestly, seeing how Cancer has been played as an idiot's version of Naga for the longest time, I'm glad there's some kind of change. Sure, he's incredibly explosive as an mid-late game carry, but he can no longer contribute what a real "Burning's super-late carry" can do.

Anyways, the patch killed off deathball; seeing how disappointing TI4 was in comparison to the rest of The Internationals, I'm glad that we're going back to a longer game with more focus on late-game carries and team-fight lineups.
His illusions are more short-termed then what they used to be before, but each of his attacks has a 50% chance of creating one, which is insane considering he is an agility based hero with high agility gain and attack speed.
The only thing they nerfed about him is his ability to escape, now he can only dodge a projectile instead of completely disappearing without being noticed, but then again, it can be fixed with a shadow blade or a blink dagger.

@zimberzimber It's not a change of an existing hero, it's a completely one. In the larger scope of things, sure, he got a "buff" in that he is a lot stronger of a hero now; but the changes weren't geared towards directly nerfing/buffing PL. The issue was that both PL and Naga were built as carries the exact same way, going as far as having identical roles and 6 slotted builds once the late game came about. This change removes Burning's trademark radiance-splitfarm rush, which at this point is reserved for Naga and Terrorblade (who have very different mechanics thankfully), and instead encourages PL to be built in a different light. Compare this change to when Silencer, Morphling, and Riki were completely reworked back in Wc3.

Really, PL used to be a Naga that could go invisible instead of having crowd control. Seeing how Icefrog has made countless other patches to help individualize heroes, this change is long overdue.

In any case, @Sonikku, I feel as though this system actually makes it harder for mids to get runes. Because of the guaranteed runes, it is now viable for off-lane heroes to pickup a bottle for regeneration (cue Razor or Bristleback); instead of the rune race going between 2 people for 1 rune, mid heroes are now racing against both the enemy mid and off-lane players for a single rune (assuming your off-lane player consistently picks up the rune.)

Riki's changes probably came about simply because "there are better options" for invisibility. Until this patch, Riki was the only hero that had a skill that "only" gave invisibility (and an ultimate no less); Clinkz's ability gives bonus movement speed, Bounty Hunter 's ability gives bonus damage, and Nyx's ultimate gives both of these bonuses. Without the new HP regeneration, Riki's invisibility would simply lack compared to every other hero's skills.

As for the swapping of Blink Strike and Permanent Invisibility; that probably is related to Riki's general lack of movement. Giving it a charge based system greatly increases Riki's burst damage and mobility, but a charge system like that is going to have to replace an ultimate for balance purposes.

Mind, this is all guess-work; the issue with PL being swapped out with Naga on the Pro-scene was fairly obvious, however since Riki never was played competitively on a large scale, I don't really have anything to base these assumptions off of.

In any case, @Sonikku, I feel as though this system actually makes it harder for mids to get runes. Because of the guaranteed runes, it is now viable for off-lane heroes to pickup a bottle for regeneration (cue Razor or Bristleback); instead of the rune race going between 2 people for 1 rune, mid heroes are now racing against both the enemy mid and off-lane players for a single rune (assuming your off-lane player consistently picks up the rune.)

I see the way you're thinking, but I haven't seen this happen to me once so far. People generally understand that a mid hero needs a bottle's regenerative capabilities to perform well, and that unless a rune is going to save their life (Which a bounty rune almost never will unless they somehow level up from it and put their point into stats.), they should leave it to said mid hero. That's just been my experience, though.

I have had pretty much the same experiences as Sonikku, where my team generally prefers to leave the rune to the mid heroes and build other items. Though that might just be caused by the differences in skill level.

Frankly, I'm fine with that. If my enemy doesn't bother going for runes too much I often find myself using both runes and a bottle to consistently pressure the enemy mid and gank more often.

Well someone is going to have to support, might as well get someone who knows that they are doing to do it.

Also don't you just love it when the enemy team continues to pick squishy heroes after noticing you picked a pretty potent nuker? It happened several times to me yesterday when I was playing Zeus mid. Scepter+refresher during a teamfight and suddenly I have a triple kill.

I can't play mobas anymore. They are fine if you like to waste your time. I feel like any game that's a 5/10 would be a better use than any moba tower defense games.

I can't play mobas anymore. They are fine if you like to waste your time. I feel like any game that's a 5/10 would be a better use than any moba tower defense games.
That's you opinion.
I don't enjoy racing and most shooter games.

On topic, I don't ever play all pick, people be picking crap like Sven or Juggernaut

That's you opinion.
I don't enjoy racing and most shooter games.

On topic, I don't ever play all pick, people be picking crap like Sven or Juggernaut
Indeed, it's up to the users. Some people enjoy team games. I can't stand any game where a dc can determine the outcome.

Well, to each their own. Everyone has different tastes and we can't all like the same thing.

Also I barely play anything other than all pick. It's not that I can't play other roles, it's just that most of the time when I play I want to play a specific hero and don't feel like playing most other. Now that I think of it, it's almost a bad habit of mine.

Also I barely play anything other than all pick. It's not that I can't play other roles, it's just that most of the time when I play I want to play a specific hero and don't feel like playing most other. Now that I think of it, it's almost a bad habit of mine.
Its ok as long as you don't pick those cheap :red: hat hardcore right clickers like Sven, Viper or Sniper.

Its ok as long as you don't pick those cheap :red: hat hardcore right clickers like Sven, Viper or Sniper.
Viper's meta got crushed due to the Mechanism nerf, so he's not really that scary anymore. For hard right-clicks, just pick Razor; since static field got nerfed, it's viable to do a razor build where you skip q and get stats. Gets you enough mana to not care about the mechanism nerf, thus you can just rush Aghs+Refresher and end the game before 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom