tModLoader Double Player Example

I started playing terraria again today, after having used your mod already, and today I'm running into an issue with the drone only working with controller 1, which is also controlling the player. Something somehow seems to be giving me issues.. Thought I would let you know.

I started playing terraria again today, after having used your mod already, and today I'm running into an issue with the drone only working with controller 1, which is also controlling the player. Something somehow seems to be giving me issues.. Thought I would let you know.
Have you got the latest version of my mod? I moved the controls for the drone to controller 2 in the recent update. I don't know for sure, but I think that two controllers need to be connected before starting Terraria for my mod to work properly.

I moved the controls for the drone to controller 2

Right, I'm pretty sure not too many of us use a controller, so is there a possibility of making a button to switch control to Controller 1? I don't know how easy/hard this would be, but let me know. I only have one controller :/

Right, I'm pretty sure not too many of us use a controller, so is there a possibility of making a button to switch control to Controller 1? I don't know how easy/hard this would be, but let me know. I only have one controller :/
Unfortunately, doing so would cause you to control both the drone and the player at the same time. There's no way ingame or via mods that I could find that prevents Terraria from receiving character input from controller 1. Until someone finds out how, I'll have to leave it on port 2.

Unfortunately, doing so would cause you to control both the drone and the player at the same time. There's no way ingame or via mods that I could find that prevents Terraria from receiving character input from controller 1. Until someone finds out how, I'll have to leave it on port 2.
Ah, right. I can see how that would be a problem. Thanks anyway.

Ever wanted to pilot an armed drone and take down your enemies from afar? Well, with this mod and an XBOX 360 controller, you can. Plug in two XBOX 360 controllers, craft the item 'Drone Controller' from Iron and Wire at a work bench, equip it to an accessory slot and you're ready to take down enemies from afar.

For more fun, hand the controller to a friend and have them pilot the drone while you play like a Boss!

drone_1_by_solo_ion-d9ydcpw.jpg
drone_2_by_solo_ion-d9ydcpu.jpg

drone_3_by_solo_ion-d9ydcpm.jpg
drone_6_by_solo_ion-d9ydcpj.jpg

Craft the Drone Controller at a work bench from Iron/Lead and wire. Equip it to an accessory slot to spawn a drone. Pilot with the left stick and shoot with the right. Fire a grenade with the right shoulder button and enter/exit autopilot mode with start.

No XBOX controller, but another kind of controller? No problem. Just use TocaEdit (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4uhife6gGJnekt0QTg1TnN6WlE/view) to emulate any controller as a XBOX controller. I've been using a DualShock 2 controller with an adapter and it works great.

To install ToCA EDIT, follow the link above and download the .zip file. Locate the file x360ce.exe within one of the .zip files and copy it to your Terraria directory within your Steam folder, which should be \Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria. Run x360ce with both of your non-360 controller plugged in and configure controller 2. Click save once you are done and close TocaEdit before you launch tModLoader. Ensure you have your configured controller plugged in before starting tModLoader.

The release of 1.3.1 messed up how my mod worked. The only solution that I have found is to map the drone to controller 2, which means that you need two controllers connected at the same time to use my mod. If someone knows a way to disable Terraria's inbuilt controller mode, either using mods or by some external method, please let me know.

I'm not sure where else to go with this mod, and I have other mods that I want to work on more. So I'm also including the source code for this mod so that other people can innovate on my idea.

Version history
- First public release

- Updated to Terraria 1.3.1
- Moved input for the drone to controller 2

Also, check out my other mods.
Terrarian Dreamkeepers
Hotbar Swapper
I Have One Controller How Do I Make It Control The Drone And Keyboard To Move My Player?

Since 1.3.1 made it so you need a controller as player 2 essentially, does anyone know how I could go about using 1 360 controller to be in the controller 2 slot of my PC? Rather than using 2 controllers.

I Have One Controller How Do I Make It Control The Drone And Keyboard To Move My Player?

Since 1.3.1 made it so you need a controller as player 2 essentially, does anyone know how I could go about using 1 360 controller to be in the controller 2 slot of my PC? Rather than using 2 controllers.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to get this working with just one controller. I discovered I can use the latest version of TocaEdit to map a dInput controller to port 2, but Terraria still used that for player input. Looking through the source code, I found that Terraria searches through all controller ports and uses the first one it finds. I'll have another look into it and see if I can lock player input to controller port 2.

ok i might just blow everyones mind follow these steps k
1.download a dud controller
2. PLug in your controller
3.play the game with the mod turned on
4. stop bothering the mod creator about a question he has already answerd
5. if none of these work look for a youtube video on how to make it auto go to controller 2 on terraria
and bam play the mod
images

ok i might just blow everyones mind follow these steps k
1.download a dud controller
2. PLug in your controller
3.play the game with the mod turned on
4. stop bothering the mod creator about a question he has already answerd
5. if none of these work look for a youtube video on how to make it auto go to controller 2 on terraria
and bam play the mod
images
Thanks for figuring this out. :)

One thing I should point out though, Terraria will find a single controller no matter which port it is in. So the dud controller is the way to go.

Also, I don't know what you mean by 'dud controller'. Do you mean something like VJoy to create a virtual controller without mapping any keys?

when i say dud i referring to it as fake controller that doesnt work but is connectable so i said down load one because if i didnt people would have said but i dont have 2 controllers and also knowing the internet there is going to be fake controller downloads i mean there are auto clickers so yeah

I couldn't find a Dud Controller Software. I don't know if something like this exists, has anyone found one yet?

hey solo-lon can you make a update for the new version of terraria 1.3.4.4
Uh, Ok. I actually had updated it to v0.9.0.2 which is for 1.3.4.4, but the v0.9.1 update must have broken something. I'll fix that shortly. (I also forgot to update the changelog in the OP)

Hey, me and my friend play a lot with this mod, it's cool.
But we were thinking of some little thing that, even little, could help A LOT. So here my list : )

First : Light and dye - When in the dark / night, it's almost impossible to see the drone, tough making I'm lighting at night / darker place may be a good idea, and if possible, add the possibility to add dye : )

Secondly : Item / Object - Me and my friend were thinking of it, what if the drone can grab object that goes directly to the player inventory (or a inventory specially for the drone). This would be soooooo helpful, but, thinking of it a little too much op. So this come to our third idea.

Thirdly : Upgrade - Maybe you can add a sort of mechanic so we can upgrade the drone, so thing like above may be not that op, because you need to deserve it.

So here it is ! Also, don't take this too far, if you don't want to do EVERYTHING, you don't have too, but if you think (and want) to, for exemple, do the second, you can, I'm only giving idea : )
Have a nice day !

Back
Top Bottom