Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expanding on what you said above, it'd be neat if holding in a certain button would make it quick select, like say if I was fighting a boss, I could hold L and hit right on the d pad to use a potion, and then let go of L and it would revert back to normal. No repeated clicking or getting messed up by accidentally hitting it and switching into quick select, you would have to be holding it in for any effect. Get what I'm saying?

Expanding on what you said above, it'd be neat if holding in a certain button would make it quick select, like say if I was fighting a boss, I could hold L and hit right on the d pad to use a potion, and then let go of L and it would revert back to normal. No repeated clicking or getting messed up by accidentally hitting it and switching into quick select, you would have to be holding it in for any effect. Get what I'm saying?
I like this idea. Support :p

It would be cool to eventually have online multiplayer support, just to play with people right in your friends list. But for now, the way it is will be perfectly fine!

holy crap it's on 3ds ?!
I am going to buy the cartridge instead of using flash card because I Love, and respect this game.

They are a bit odd. However after owning the new 3ds and putting over 400 hours of gameplay on just Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and more hours in other games.. I tell you this much from experience. I don't ever have issues pressing one of the Z buttons when pressing the L/R buttons. On the opposite end, its rare but I do occasionally hit L/R when trying to hit the Z button. If your plan is to have shortcuts to menus for the Z buttons, That's great. If you told us we had to swing our sword with a Z button, then there would be a problem because its hard using the Z buttons during a lot of action. But I am definitely used to the Z buttons on the new 3ds and have no problems using them. Maybe add options for what function they can be, like ZR could be a healing potion button or something if you don't want it to be a quick menu. Like say you have 5 optional functions, and in options you can set which function you want on which Z button.

I think I would miss the quick select. Even if there is items to select via touch. Depending on how gameplay is going to be like, It might be a lot easier during a boss fight to swap with the d pad, or just when generally playing. Just having physical quick select would be really handy I believe. Expanding on what I said above, people with new 3ds's could have the option to have ZL function as a toggle between curser and quick select mode on the dpad. I know what I say complicates things a lot, But hopefully its not too bad if you can just have a default standard and switching functions of some buttons buried in options or something. I really appreciate adding the cursor to the dpad so we dont have to use the touch screen for everything. But then you say we gotta use the touchscreen for selecting the item your using exclusively then. Not idea either way. But I would be fine with dpad being cursor by default, and being able to change it in settings. and have a toggle button option for the new 3ds users. You get what I mean?

You aren't forced to use the touch screen to select items, you can also cycle left and right with L and R.

Short cuts would be on the Z keys. Nothing too destructive, should you hit the wrong one.

What you said gives us some things to think about, so thanks.

I do, but using L and R to cycle through inventory is very much established in console Terraria. Having L simply as a modifier button that does nothing on its own I'm not sure about. Worth thinking about though, so thanks.

How about having the f-zero as an exclusive mount.
And could you put stats for the heros's clothes/ plumbers outfit hero'!a clothes as a melee set, and plumbers outfit as a Mage set.
Also please add a Sammas Suit as a ranged set.

As I'm sure you're aware, the original 3DS has a fewer buttons available than, say, a PS3 controller does. One of the control decisions we've taken there is to use the dpad exclusively to manipulate the manual cursor, and NOT for a four-item quick select like on the other consoles.

We don't want to force you to use the stylus to mine and build all the time, and the dpad control for the cursor feels so right now it's in.

What I want to know is: how much will you, as hardcore players, miss the quick select? Bear in mind that 3DS also has ten inventory items that can be directly selected on the bottom screen - does that mitigate this? I think for new players they will take to this like a duck to water because they are not used to it being any other way, but is this a deal breaker for the hardcore guys? How much do you care?

I like the idea of the cursor. i never played the console version. only desktop and mobile. i think an option would be nice for the few people that are really used to it. but make the cursor default. any quick options would benefit greatly for anyone who's willing to use them. especially with the N3DS, with some more buttons, the c-stick could be used as a cursor and then the d pad is free to use for quick access.. just a thought though.

...the c-stick could be used as a cursor and then the d pad is free to use for quick access.. just a thought though.

The reason the dpad works so well is that it's digital, and you can click across one tile as a time very predictably. On Vita, I would sometimes find building using the analogue stick that I'd end up with a wonky wall or something. With the dpad, you get none of that. Ever.

The C Stick on the New 3DS is, in my opinion, more difficult to manipulate accurately than a proper analogue stick. Through trial and error, we've got to what we think is the best use for it. We did look into using it for a console-style 'twin stick' one to move and one to aim, and it just didn't feel quite right.

I have two more control questions:

1. Is there any possibility the auto aiming will work correctly with weapons that are affected by gravity? Bows for example.
2. How will grappling hooks work?

The reason the dpad works so well is that it's digital, and you can click across one tile as a time very predictably. On Vita, I would sometimes find building using the analogue stick that I'd end up with a wonky wall or something. With the dpad, you get none of that. Ever.
I see what you mean but that now. that makes a lot more sense. that would make building a lot easier.

How about having the f-zero as an exclusive mount.
And could you put stats for the heros's clothes/ plumbers outfit hero'!a clothes as a melee set, and plumbers outfit as a Mage set.
Also please add a Sammas Suit as a ranged set.

and a pokemon set for summoner, of couse! i would love to see a random pokemon summoner staff, but all the same staff.

*sends out arcues and does 3 damage to green slime* Why, does, this, k...

but then again, 721 new summoners, one staff, it will take a long time, though i'd love the terraria look <3

and a pokemon set for summoner, of couse! i would love to see a random pokemon summoner staff, but all the same staff.

but then again, 721 new summoners, one staff, it will take a long time, though i'd love the terraria look <3
Maybe instead of 721 Pokemon just the original 137.

I'm pretty sure that the company making this has absolutely no rights to pokemon or anything affiliated with it. This would be impossible unless they gained some kind of agreement with gamefreak (or someone along who owns pokemon)

Maybe instead of 721 Pokemon just the original 137.
Even if it's the original 151 pokemon, that's still a lot of programming. less space for the cart. again if there isn't that much space, it might be near impossible. but i don't know how much space can be put on a 3ds cart.

I'm pretty sure that the company making this has absolutely no rights to pokemon or anything affiliated with it. This would be impossible unless they gained some kind of agreement with gamefreak (or someone along who owns pokemon)

Even if it's the original 151 pokemon, that's still a lot of programming. less space for the cart. again if there isn't that much space, it might be near impossible. but i don't know how much space can be put on a 3ds cart.
Cartridge space isn't the issue, RAM is the issue on the 3DS. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom