Game Mechanics Dual wielding

HMS Endeavour

Terrarian
Common weapons like shortswords or craftable cobalt sword etc. could receive some love by applying the ability by drinking certain potion, or maybe wearing a certain accessory.
Sounds cool and, more importantly, promising for those weapons, right?

Reactions: Lwg
When I first saw the Yoyo gloves description of “Lets you wield two yoyo’s at once!” I thought it meant dual wielding different yo-yos. I now know that was inaccurate. I would like to see being able to dual wield different weapons.

When I first saw the Yoyo gloves description of “Lets you wield two yoyo’s at once!” I thought it meant dual wielding different yo-yos. I now know that was inaccurate. I would like to see being able to dual wield different weapons.
I swear I had a build back in 1.3 where I used both the hel-fire and amarok at the same time using a yoyo bag, and it worked because I had one yoyo in hotbar 1 and the other in 2. Can I get confirmation that I am not insane? I have not been able to replicate this at all.

How would you activate this dual-wielding? How would it function?
Yeah, I broke my brain thinking about that. The best one I come up with is that dual-wielding is on by default but only appliable with "normal" swords. The normal ones swords is just exist for no reason. There is absolutely no reason to craft them but with the dual-wielding ability they could've shine. The second thought is a power-up item. Yes, just like the NPC book ones

Last edited:
Forgot about the functionality you've asked. Maybe the game's mechanics would allow us to chose an extra in-use weapon if you've chosen the normal sword first. Now, how it'll work you ask? Well, extra-button is there for it. By left clicking you swing your main hand weapon and right one is for off-hand. Clicking both weapons simultaneously is to trigger double swing

Same, I was exited to use 2 different yoyos at once in my yoyo playthrough and then I was disappointed.
Forgot about the functionality you've asked. Maybe the game's mechanics would allow us to chose an extra in-use weapon if you've chosen the normal sword first. Now, how it'll work you ask? Well, extra-button is there for it. By left clicking you swing your main hand weapon and right one is for off-hand. Clicking both weapons simultaneously is to trigger double swing
how about when you use this dual wield accessory you get a massive boost to melee speed with dual wielding(but only for 'one handed' a.k.a. dual wieldable weapons)

And for the actual dual wielding when you hold click to autoswing your first hit is with the weapon you're holding and when the animation ends second attack is going to be with your second dual wieldable weapon (second one handed weapon in the inventory, top and left ones will take priority) then next attack is back to the fist weapon.

basically attack pattern is
primary weapon > secondary weapon > primary weapon > secondary weapon > primary weapon > secondary weapon
with a massive melee speed

So as a result it would look like you're attacking with both weapons really fast, this way devs doesn't have to mess with making new animations for a second hand, but I can't tell if this would look good without actually seeing this happen.

It might need a huge melee speed to look good but I don't think this will be OP because 'one handed' weapons are going to be weak ore weapons, but if it does get OP accessory could get a melee damage penalty or could just nerf the weapons until it's balanced.

If dual wielding becomes real it better not only be for melee. How funny would it be to dual-wield two SDMGs? Vampire knives and Blood Thorn? Etc...

Wait, would you be able to use both weapons at once?

Back
Top Bottom