Weapons & Equip Duke Fishron drops rework ideas

Green_Metaknight

The Destroyer
Duke Fishron is a very challenging boss for some people, and a joke for others, which is why I am of the opinion that Duke Fishron's drops should be reworked.
Starting with his availability, Red has mentioned possibly locking him behind a certain point of proggression, and I think that's an awesome idea, as if the weapons were reworked, it would fix any/all balance issues.
Red has said that Flairon got reworked, and I think the other weapons should be reworked as such;
Bubble Gun should act more like a flamethrower that uses mana instead of gel,
Razorblade should be a rare drop (Like Stellar Tune),
Tsunami should turn arrows into Sharkrons,
and I don't know how Tempest Staff could be improved.

i think duke is really fair since if you are trying to beat duke pre mechs you are a god gamer or you are cheesing it, if you remove all cheese i think all his drops being good is fair, bubble gun being the exception (currently) for tempest staff id say that they should make the projectiles more accurate from the summons (best way to do that is increase velocity or add a little homing to them, i also wonder if they are intented to miss so they dont feel like aim bot

I’m joking, I’m just trying to be supportive to the ideas I like in the suggestions and then mention a dreadnautilus pet for no reason after
I made a meme (I mean no offense by it; I just saw a great opportunity to make a meme. A dreadnautilus pet would be great!)
IMG_3640.jpeg

While I agree with everything else, this I do not. I think it's rather cool you can fight anytime during hardomde, and get a fitting reward of you do.
If Fishron remains available pre-mech, then either Hardmode will be super easy for some and not for others,
or the weapons he drops will have to be nerfed to pre-mech, and nobody wants that to happen.

If Fishron remains available pre-mech, then either Hardmode will be super easy, or the weapons he drops will have to be nerfed to pre-mech, and nobody wants that to happen.
Duke fishron Is quite a challenge pre-mech, although I see your point. Mabye he could enrage until a certain point in progression to ensure only the best of the best obtain his weapons early?
Edit: It would also be quite funny to watch newer players get absolutely obliterated by him if they face him to early.

Honestly, pre-mech duke fishron (while it does break progression) is nothing like the meteor armour or reaver shark of old. For those 2, all you need to get them is time and knowing they exist. For fishron, you have to do one of the hardest bosses in the game with gear that is MUCH weaker than what you are intended to have for the fight (so it's almost entirely skill based as opposed to time based). Of course there is still cheese strats (looking at you, teleporters) but I think it's cool to have some non-linearity in hardmode and a cool reward for players that have mastered the game (after all, if you are skilled enough to do duke pre-mechs you are also more than skilled enough to just follow normal progression). I think the best way to patch the "progression breaking" is to simply remove the cheese (need to somehow prevent teleporter usage).

Mmm yesh agreed. Weapons from Duke Fishron are outdated and need reworks. Also wdym making bubble gun like a flamethrower? It will act like Flamethrower but with bubbles instead of fire?

and I don't know how Tempest Staff could be improved.
Maybe tempest staff has an upgradable single minion rather than multiple? This single would deal contact damage based on upgrade, pull enemies hit toward the center if they are affected by knockback, and hover above you. It would fire sharkrons that, upon hitting a block, bounce around on the floor (Or swim around if in water) before disappearing. The amount of sharkrons fired would depend on upgrade tier.

I don't think Duke Fishron's drops need reworks like this. Flairon is getting reworked to act more like other flails, which is good, and Tempest Staff is just lacking in effectiveness and needs a buff more than it needs a rework, but the rest of them are totally fine.

I don't see how removing the option of fighting Duke Fishron early would be an improvement or beneficial to anyone or for any aspects of the game. I don't think most of his drops need changes either, especially not Bubble Gun whose identity is having extremely high DPS if you can manage to fight at close-range, a high risk high reward option.

Back
Top Bottom