PC Duke Fishron Rage Mode???

Status
Not open for further replies.

punchmypotatoes

Skeletron
Seriously. Why would you add this? Plantera rage mode makes sense. You have the entire underground jungle to fight him. But Duke Fishron, after 1.3, duke fishron goes into rage mode
The ocean is probably one of the smallest biomes in the game and some worlds beaches are absolutely tiny.
You can fight him on the water with water walking boots/potions. But if he gets off screen he despawns. Plus, some worlds dont even have the water boots.
Duke Fishron was already hard enough without rage mode but WITH rage mode, what did it actually solve?
Seriously, I think this should be removed guys.

No real comment on the thread itself, but I do want to point out that like 50 wood will solve the need for waterwalking ability. You can fish and fight on a platform forever.

It solved people killing Dude Fishman by treating him like WoF. Just build a platform bridge and use a hoverboard for sideways movement.

If you want to have a boss chase you down across the world, the Dungeon Guardian is right up your alley.

E: This sounds far more rude than I intended, oops

Last edited:
I would guess, and to be fair, I'm not 100% sure this is the case, but I think the enrage doesn't happen when leaving the "ocean" but the "ocean biome". For reference, the ocean biome is a specific amount of space from the edge of the world; even if you had NO ocean at all, you would still have an ocean biome.

So in this case, even on worlds with small oceans, you have the same amount of actual space for fighting him.

EDIT: Another thing I tried when I first experimented with Expert mode . . . so we all know one of the tried and true ways to fight Il Duce is an asphalt run-way, right? But you can't leave the ocean anymore . . . but you don't NEED to!

Create a large > shape out of asphalt above your ocean. Start at the bottom, running up the first incline /, shooting backwards as you go. When you reach the second half, quick-grapple and release (or use a Dash accessory) to reverse your momentum, and run back up the second incline \. When you reach the end, just gently fall back to the bottom, while continuing to shoot whatever weapon you are using upwards towards him.

Slow down/reach maximum speed as needed . . . you should find that you are actually more than fast enough, and will avoid most of his projectiles. If you make it big enough, the circuit is long enough that Sharknados will dissipate before coming back around.

This will work all the way until final stage Expert Duke Fishron, in which case its sort of a Sudden Death mode between you and Fishron . . . try to end it quick.

Last edited:
Personally I find it easiest to just nuke him before he even has a chance of doing anything to you.

Tho I guess not all classes can do this.

Yeah...when we're talking Duke Fishron here, we're talking pre-Moon/1.3 endgame. So that means he's designed to be killed with HM Dungeon/Jungle gear. Anything above such doesn't hold much ground. Because if you are able to overkill it that much, then you don't need anything from the boss anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom