Early game masterpieces

ManaUser

Brain of Cthulhu
Technically there's nothing stopping you from exploring hell without defeating any bosses... You wouldn't normally, but you certainly can. I tend to agree about the paintings and door though, I don't think I've ever seen those in the upper part of the dungeon.

Capture 2016-08-01 10_33_05.png
Capture 2016-08-01 10_20_57.png

kind of a two part piece.

there's a few things in the top part that are post-boss (eye of cthulhu trophy, alchemy stand, potentially the metal shelves) but this is actually a world that I'm playing on right now, so it's annoying to remove certain features.

I forget where I saw the crane/claw thing, but it's not my original design.

Tyro

Steampunker
you have a few deeper dungeon pieces in there I think... most of the paintings are from the dungeon, and so is the dungeon door. there's also one painting from hell I think, but they're hardly integral pieces of the houses design, and the hell painting doesn't technically require a boss fight.

good build otherwise, nice simple early-game aesthetics with a lot of good details. :)
Nice catch, I wasn't familiar enough with the paintings to realize that. I agree though, it's the basic design that counts, and those are easily subbed :)
[doublepost=1470100339,1470100282][/doublepost]
View attachment 131379View attachment 131378
kind of a two part piece.

there's a few things in the top part that are post-boss (eye of cthulhu trophy, alchemy stand, potentially the metal shelves) but this is actually a world that I'm playing on right now, so it's annoying to remove certain features.

I forget where I saw the crane/claw thing, but it's not my original design.
I'm floored. This is brilliant.

Tyro

Steampunker
I've started building again, so I'm casting Raise Thread. Here's some of my more recent work:

Spelunker's Supplies General Goods & Explosives
Spelunker's Supplies General Goods & Explosives.png

Regia Prodigialis is the world I'm working on for my queer gaming group on Facebook. Main base:
Regia Prodigialis main base Sep 29 2017.png

And again with wires:
Regia Prodigialis main base Sep 29 2017 (wire view).png

And here's the alchemy lab:
Alchemy Lab (Regia Prodigialis).png

And an overview of the herb farm (daybloom solarium, artificial cave for blinkroot/moonglow/deathweed, walk in freezer for Shiverthorn) plus the dryad's tree:
Herb farm (Regia Prodigialis).png

[Edit:] I forgot about the honey shrine. I wouldn't call this a masterpiece, but it turned out all right. The camera system didn't catch the honeyfalls; the blocks to either side of the dispenser are hammered to make endless honey waterfalls.
Honey shrine (dispenser & lake).png

Last edited:

Terrarian2k17

Terrarian
DC5010C5-2BDD-4B0F-8D23-DE5BA565D922.png
1350E0EC-5FB3-44DB-9721-71B394A5A112.png
372467CA-B319-4386-B663-1C6E31222825.png
This is an end game character but I built this with a pre hardmode character before I beat any bosses I believe... it was kinda a while ago but extremely simple materials and design feel free to copy or improve

Tyro

Steampunker
*casts Raise Thread*

Here's a snapshot of my very first serious base. You can see what used to be the stairs down before I had actuators - the visible house is the original guide hut, adapted for overflow storage. I abandoned the base and moved on to other worlds because I ran out of storage space and that hill was a PAIN to create. I did that entire hill by hand.
Capture 2020-05-02 01_01_46.png

Tyro

Steampunker
Here's my version of a bare-bones noob house in a strict one-character world where I'm not importing anything:
Capture 2020-05-02 01_08_11.png

Last edited:

Tyro

Steampunker
This was an experiment with working with the topography (main spawn had a big ravine next to it) and building a base that's invisible from most angles outside - hidden in plain sight. Note the large number of entrances.
Capture 2020-05-02 01_10_24.png

Top Bottom