tModLoader EarlyArmor+

Spoopyro

Skeletron
EarlyArmor+ is a mod me and Iriazul are working on.
The purpose of this is too make earlymode armors more useful.
This made is not done and more testing, Balancing, better sprites, and stats are needed.
This is done by doing two things.

First thing we did is turn the early ore armor like Tin and Iron into early class armors and lowered the crafting requirements of each.
Tin/Copper - Ranger
Lead/Iron - Melee
Tungsten/Silver - Mage
Platinum/Gold - Summoner
This just makes the early ore armors more desirable and making a full set of gold or silver doesn't waste huge amounts of metals.

The Second and more fun thing we did was give the earlymode class armors like Jungle and Bee armor a crown that when equipped with that armor's chest and pants turns it into a lunar tier armor set. Give the guide Luminite Bars to show the crafting recipes.
HyYzGYF.png

Bee armor gets two crowns, King and Queen Bee Crowns. The King Bee Crown only gives the player 4 minion slots but a 200% minion damage boost While the Queen Bee Crown gives the player 12 minion slots but only 20% minion damage boost, Both crowns spawn friendly bees while moving with Queen Bee's spawn in more, unbuffed bees while King Bee's spawn less but buffed bees

The Jungle Crown effect spawns spores when an enemy is hit by a magic weapon. When theses spores hit an enemy it provides a stacking buff. This buff isn't currently finish but we are planning making it reduce mana cost and increase magic weapon firing speeds.

The Molten Crown currently effects the On Fire, Shadowflame, Cursed Flames and Daybroken debuff on enemies when hit with a melee weapon but this is likely to change.

The Necro Crown causes killed enemies to spawn souls that can be collected for a stacking buff that increases damage and reduces ammo usage

The Forbidden Crown (Yes, I know it isn't early but it's still fun) spawns in a sandnado when double tapping the down key, this sandnado will deal more damage then the one summoned by the vanilla armor and will shoot sand sharks at enemies, damage values are yet to be finalized

The purpose of these crowns is too give end game players more variety and fun.
Suggestions are very much welcomed. This mod is currently not great for a real playthrough but will hopefully be soon.

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8yamex2bls6em1e/OreArmorsPlus.tmod

Last edited:
I would definitely be interested in this as someone who never bothers with the early ore armors due to my playstyle (I usually just buy Miner armor and then beeline to the Ocean for my Reaver Shark and Crates and such). It always bummed me out how there is very little pre-bosses in the way of class-specific content, so having more accessible armors to get a head start would make a huge difference. Especially for Ranger (my favorite class), who has to wait until Post-Skeletron for its first armor set.

You have my attention!

Back
Top Bottom