Items Echo Potion

Is this good?

• Total voters

GAMINGPEA_64

Skeletron Prime
I had this idea for a potion that would, whenever you attack, etc, a second later, a ghost-like clone of you appears and does the same. Obviously, it wouldnt work in PVP mode, and it couldnt place blocks, but it could attack alongside you, aiding you in your battles, and after its attack is complete, it disappears until the next attack comes. it would be invincible, but it cant open doors, or place blocks, or summon minions. The potion would last for about 3 minutes, and would be sold by The Witch Doctor after Plantera has been slain. So what do you think? Is this a good idea or am i just a bloody moron?

Players are basically attacking 100% of the time when in combat, so this would double the number of projectiles on the screen. This means that your DPS is doubled when using homing weapons, and that's way too powerful.

But the idea itself is actually not what I'm worried about. What I'm worried about is your self-defeating attitude. That is to say, your view seems to be that either your idea is good, or you're a contemptible idiot with no redeeming qualities. Nothing in-between. It's really heartbreaking to read things like this, so for your sake and ours, please stop labeling yourself this way.

I think you'll be a lot more productive and likeable if you just change your attitude.

Maybe it could be balanced out by having the clone do only 50% damage of the original player and being unable to inflict critical hits?

Personally I was thinking it could be magic-exclusive, and spawn a clone that only has 40 mana and disappears when it runs out. OR spawn a clone upon taking damage, with the same mana as the amount of damage taken. It sounds like an armor set bonus, actually. That would make it easier to balance, since the armor stats could be modified.

This would fit Spectre armor perfectly, especially since its current set bonus is kinda bad right now.
Personally I was thinking it could be magic-exclusive, and spawn a clone that only has 40 mana and disappears when it runs out. OR spawn a clone upon taking damage, with the same mana as the amount of damage taken. It sounds like an armor set bonus, actually. That would make it easier to balance, since the armor stats could be modified.
I love where you guys are going with this :)

Honestly, I think with a little bit a tweaking this would be great.

Also, there’s no such thing as a bad idea, so don’t be hard on yourself with the ‘bloody idiot’ thing.

I agree that it should only have 20-30% chance of cloning, no crits, and no projectiles. I think the damage reduction is also useful, but maybe only have that or the chance modifier. I’m also curious on how this would affect buffs you may have or debuffs you apply, like Ichor or shadowflame. Would it double the damage/armor breaking, or lengthen the duration?

Back
Top Bottom