tModLoader Encumbrance - Inventory use burdens your movement

Discussion in 'Released' started by hamstar, Aug 18, 2018.

1. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

[​IMG]
    Encumbrance

v1.0.1.1

Mirror

Note: Requires Mod Helpers

Carrying items beyond your player's hotbar is now a burden to movement. Jumping, attacking, grappling, or mounting in such conditions may cause your items to randomly drop. Additionally, movement will become increasingly sluggish with more item slots in use. Other configurable effects can be applied. Carrying capacity can also be configured.

Source available here. API also available.

Available config fields are defined here. Config file: Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Configs/Encumbrance Config.json

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Sir AFK, FiveSix78 and Caseratis like this.
  2. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  3. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

Keep in mind this mod is intended as a game mode component. The API now supports enabling and disabling, so you can bind the encumbrance effect (or its removal) to an accessory or something.

4. The World Over Heaven

The World Over Heaven The Destroyer

Is it possible to upgrade one's endurance or vitality in this mod, similar to Dark Souls?

5. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

I could add those functions to the API, then make it possible to build items that increase your carrying capacity.

6. Animus Viral

Animus Viral The Destroyer

That image reminds me of the Strong Back Perk in the Fallout series.

7. Goblin Turncoat

Goblin Turncoat Terrarian

What config options do I need to set to disable item dropping and only leave the effects on movement?

8. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

Set all 'DropOn' configs to 0, and let me know if that gives you the effect you're looking for.

9. Goblin Turncoat

Goblin Turncoat Terrarian

Seems to. Looking at it now it's pretty straightforward, I don't know what confused me before.

I'm curious what these three options do, though:

10. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

DropAlwaysAtLeastOf = Adjusts least amount of items dropped. Not implemented, currently.
    DropOnDeath = Like lightweight mediumcore; indicates how much is dropped on death.
    DropPerDamageAmount = How much is dropped per amount of damage taken per hit. Works incorrectly at the moment. Will fix shortly.