Items Endless Mana/Hp Potions

To yee or not to yee

• Yee

• Not Yee

• Yee but change _

Results are only viewable after voting.
Allowing the small ones but lowering cooldown is so they're useful in the endgame without being more powerful than Greater potions.
If cooldown won't be short enough for that healing amount players will just keep bringing Supers to any serious fight as they do now.
"Useful in the endgame" means "equal or better than anything else". There is no point using anything but the best available in a tough situation. Even if weaker is endless.

"Useful in the endgame" means "equal or better than anything else". There is no point using anything but the best available in a tough situation. Even if weaker is endless.
It's useful as long as it's good enough. For instance, there's no point in using Greater Healing Potions while exploring pre-HM, as they're only available from gold fishing crates and most monsters there don't deal enough damage. Similarly, Super Healing Potions are hardly used for less than farming the Lunar events and the Moon Lord due to this.

It's useful as long as it's good enough. For instance, there's no point in using Greater Healing Potions while exploring pre-HM, as they're only available from gold fishing crates and most monsters there don't deal enough damage. Similarly, Super Healing Potions are hardly used for less than farming the Lunar events and the Moon Lord due to this.
Yes, I absolutely agree. But I was talking about endgame, aka "the Lunar events and the Moon Lord" as you noticed. Earlier stages are passable, you do them and you move on. ML isn't. So you introducing endless potions for him specifically sounds good to me, but not for the earlier stages.

I know it feels like time to post a flaming comment, but hear me out first.

Endless Mana Jug I
Crafted with 300 lesser mana potions at an alchemy table
Restores 30 mana and inflicts mana sickness

Endless Mana Jug II
Crafted with 300 mana potions at an alchemy table
Restores 70 mana and inflicts mana sickness

Endless Mana Jug III
Crafted with 300 Greater mana potions at an alchemy table
Restores 120 mana and inflicts mana sickness

Endless Mana Jug IV
Crafted with 300 Super mana potions at an alchemy table
Restores 150 mana and inflicts mana sickness
Endless Health Brew I
Crafted with 60 lesser healing potions at an alchemy table
Restores 40hp and inflicts potion sickness

Endless Health Brew II
Crafted with 60 healing potions at an alchemy table
Restores 80 health and inflicts potion sickness

Endless Health Brew III
Crafted with 60 Greater healing potions at an alchemy table
Restores 120 health and inflicts potion sickness

Endless Health Brew IV
Crafted with 60 Super healing potions at an alchemy table
Restores 150 health and inflicts potion sickness

Ok, now yell at me.

I you let me suggest one change, insted of make them infinite, why not make them fillable high capacity bottles, a full stack of the higher pots contain 6khp so what if make it 15khp keep the alredy existing debuffs and make it heal all the health you loose, lets say you got 500hp get damaged by 387 use the pot and heal the exact 387 deduct that from the fillable hp pot same with mp pots, make it 30k

I you let me suggest one change, insted of make them infinite, why not make them fillable high capacity bottles, a full stack of the higher pots contain 6khp so what if make it 15khp keep the alredy existing debuffs and make it heal all the health you loose, lets say you got 500hp get damaged by 387 use the pot and heal the exact 387 deduct that from the fillable hp pot same with mp pots, make it 30k
Because that would make lesser healing potions heal more than super and be easier to get

Endless Super Healing Potion: 50 Super Healing Potions, 100 Luminite BARS
Endless Greater Healing Potion: 50 Greater Healing Potions, 100 Hallowed BARS
Endless Healing Potion: 50 Healing Potions, 50 Helstone ORE, 50 Obsidian
Enless Lesser Healing Potion: 50 Healing Potions, 100 Demonite/Crimtane BARS
Time for Mana Pots
Endless Super Mana Potion: 50 Super Mana Potions, 100 Luminite BARS
Endless Greater Mana Potion: 50 Greater Mana Potions, 100 Hallowed BARS
Endless Mana Potion: 50 Mana Potions, 50 Helstone ORE, 50 Obsidian
Enless Lesser Mana Potion: 50 Mana Potions, 100 Demonite/Crimtane BARS

These get straight to the point of the item, no confusion. My idea for sprites is 3 together of the potion together in a triangle shape, and for healing, we could have another item for healing potions, called the Life Flower, or something like that. It could be crafted with a Flower Petal that grows in the jungle, and a Healing potion. It could also be combined with a Philosepher's stone for the Philosepher's Flower, which would combine the two. And the Mana Flower could be combined with SOMETHING and be combined with the Philosepher's Flower to make a Philosepher's Potion which does what the Philosepher's Flower does and the Mana Flower's upgraded thing. So basicly auto drinking of mana when needed, and when at, like, 2/3's damage auto drink the potion if the potion sickness debuff isn't there.

Also Endless ______ and Lesser potions at an Alchemy Station, and Endless Greater and Super Potions at a Crystal Ball

But still, infinite mana. And it auto-refills. So if you have a Mana Flower and an Endless Mana Jug, you can use a mana weapon FOREVER.
LP has a 1 min limit on continuous firing :(

P.S. almost 3 hours is close enough to "forever" for me.

P.P.S. Why not just plain play ranged to shootz forever if you want it so much? Or a summoner to just chill altogether?

LP has a 1 min limit on continuous firing :(

P.S. almost 3 hours is close enough to "forever" for me.

P.P.S. Why not just plain play ranged to shootz forever if you want it so much? Or a summoner to just chill altogether?

Ok, so LP doesn't fire forever, but still.
Magic weapons mostly surpass ranged weapons with their unique abilities and versatility. What holds them back is how they consume mana.

If you combine ANY Endless Mana Jug with a Mana Flower, you literally have infinite mana.

This means that after spending three gold on lesser mana potions, getting your hands on a mana potion, and scavenging the Jungle and Dungeon for a Nature's Gift and Alchemy Table, respectively, you can have your hands on infinite mana before fighting the WoF. All this requires is having a merchant, some money, Skeletron defeated, and some patience. And let me not forget to mention all of the magic weapons you find while doing this.

This has the potential to be insanely OP. I'm not saying that I don't support the idea. I like the idea of these accessories. It just can be broken.

Health Potions? Yes, 100% yes.

Mana Potions? No.

Unless you give it a cooldown, it would be unbelievably OP from tier 1.
Also, if there is no cooldown, then what is the point in making anything but the first tier aside from slower mana sickness ramp-up and if you use Toxic Flask (as well as maybe Clinger Staff and Nebula Arcanum since they both use exactly 30, and we don't know how those would interact).

For scale, Last Prism uses 12 mana each use, and Lunar flare uses 13 mana each use, while Toxic Flask uses 40 mana.

Health Potions? Yes, 100% yes.

Mana Potions? No.

Unless you give it a cooldown, it would be unbelievably OP from tier 1.
Also, if there is no cooldown, then what is the point in making anything but the first tier aside from slower mana sickness ramp-up and if you use Toxic Flask (as well as maybe Clinger Staff and Nebula Arcanum since they both use exactly 30, and we don't know how those would interact).

For scale, Last Prism uses 12 mana each use, and Lunar flare uses 13 mana each use, while Toxic Flask uses 40 mana.
That's why I proposed adding those post-ML. Get there, then forget about it already, you deserve to just enjoy the life now.

LP uses 72 mana per second when beam is fully converged btw.

That's why I proposed adding those post-ML. Get there, then forget about it already, you deserve to just enjoy the life now.

LP uses 72 mana per second when beam is fully converged btw.
Yeah but it also means that if they ever want to put anything near or at (not past, since Moonlord is meant to be the final boss) endgame, then it would screw with potential balance for that.
Also, i'm talking about mana used per-use, not per-second.
You can still use Last Prism as much as you want with lesser mana potions (Tested this with no gear or accessories except mana flower, and no reforge on the LP, it works even with all beams converged), and those also give less mana than LP uses per second, but give more mana than LP uses up each use, which is where the distinction is made.

Also worth adding, I forgot Mana Flower has the 8% reduced mana usage on top of auto-drinking potions, meaning that Clinger and Arcanum WOULD be usable with the tier 1 infinite mana potion.

Back
Top Bottom