Game Mechanics Enemy truffle worms: A new way to get truffle worms.

WilliamD

Official Terrarian
When I met my first ten truffle worms, they all were either slaughtered, ran away, or got hit by a trap from a bad position. It took me a good three hours just to get my first one. Am I the only one who think it's strange for it to be the only creature considered an enemy? Regardless, it is udder troture to get one without a good approach, a good bug net, good skill, and a auto farm/good terrain. So I come up with an idea:

Since they are considered a half-breed of enemy and creature, why not give them an attack?

Truffle worms now attacks you for another two seconds, then scurry away, giving you a good three seconds to catch it. Enemies would also not OHKO it. However, it's attack DOES have knockback, but only very little.

You would also still be able to OHKO it though.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Sorry, but I don't agree. The whole appeal of getting the worm is needing to time the catch before it leaves. As it is, it isn't that hard to catch them anyway if you come from above. When you are in a cave, grapple onto the ceiling, then, with your bug net in hand, grapple on top of them swinging. There is no reason for it to be easier. The only issue I had with them was when my summon killed it, but that is an easy fix. You can use my method too.

Pzj3MX2.jpg

This is my farm. It is basically just a ton of boxes, as much as you want, and you run along the top. When you see a worm, go right next to the hole to drop in with your net. You will usually catch it. It may have just been luck, but I caught 5-6 worms in 30-45 minutes.

I haven't perfected it and the boxes would make OCD people go nuts, but I honestly didn't care enough.

To be honest, I don't think I've ever had problems with getting truffle worms.

the title made me imagine a truffle-worm based enemy made out of truffle worms

Back
Top Bottom