tModLoader Error CS1003

F5Astronine

Terrarian
So I just started trying to make my first mod with no experience, and I wanted to edit the crafting station of the Basic Sword so that it's obtainable but not until later on.

However when I replaced the tile ID for the crafting station (changed to 412 from WorkBenches) I get this error that says:
"BasicSword.cs(35,25): error CS1003: Syntax error, ',' expected"
image (6).png

This specific character in the code is the period that separates "TileID" and the actual tile ID (412) in the crafting station input.

So I replaced the period with a comma, then was greeted with this error:
"BasicSword.cs(35,19): error CS0119: 'TileID' is a type, which is not valid in the given context"
New Project.png

Then I undid the replacement and instead typed a comma AFTER the period, which then resulted in this error:
"BasicSword.cs(35,26): error CS1001: Identifier expected"
New Project (1).png

I have no idea what to do with any of this now and I seriously need some assistance. I've been wanting to make a mod for multiple years and have so many ideas written down but I can't seem to be able to understand how to change even 12 characters of text in a .cs file. If anyone can understand me at all, PLEASE dear God help me out here.

Last edited:
If you want to use the actual ID number, then do not add TileID as well, because otherwise it's looking for the tile with the name 412

I am this close to strangling somebody.
@smartygeefour there's no need to keep the drama going, please. You could see that the situation was already handled, and if it wasn't, then please send in a report and carry on, which means to report it then ignore it - don't post in the thread about it as that only keeps the offtopic derailment going.

If you have any questions, you can contact me in private convo HERE. Please allow this thread to get back on topic.

Back
Top Bottom