EULA

Since you posted this in Forum Help & Feedback, I assume you mean a EULA for the site/forums. The first hit when I google terraria eula is this:
https://terraria.org/terms

If you want the EULA for the mobile version, which a number of people have asked about in connection with being denied online play due to declining the EULA, googling that phrase will show several results that might or might not help you. But if that's what you're interested in, the right place to ask would be the console support forum. I don't know whether this board's software allows moderators to move threads but you could PM one to ask.

I'd check the Steam client. It might have a way to access EULAs for your purchased items. If not, poke around the program's installation directory and see what text files you can find. Good luck!

A search of my hard drive turned up no likely suspects. Sorry, don't know where to find it.
Do you have any questions regarding what might be said in a EULA for the game? Perhaps if you post them someone will know the answers.
Looks like the best approach.

I'm also curious about the EULA in regards to modifications towards Terraria and distribution of said mods.

I'm also curious about the EULA in regards to modifications towards Terraria and distribution of said mods.
To my understanding, you are allowed to make modifications to Terraria PC, but you are not allowed to sell mods for profit, as the game itselfs IP belongs to Re-logic.

To my understanding, you are allowed to make modifications to Terraria PC, but you are not allowed to sell mods for profit, as the game itselfs IP belongs to Re-logic.
Heh. I kinda guessed as much with the selling. Wouldn't want to do that to Red anyways. :p

What about distribution though? Are there certain rules towards that? Do I have to make a DLL or patch file, or can I distribute the EXE without the contents folder.

I'm assuming that you are talking about the PC Windows version here (and soon to be on OSX and Linux).

You cannot distribute any of Terraria's source code, and you may not distribute a modification which bypasses Steam's DRM. You also cannot distribute a modification that provides the game for free. A patch, DLL or binary diff would be preferable - something that could be applied to a valid copy of the game. Standalone EXE's are suspicious to us and may require prior approval of Re-Logic to distribute here.

If you're talking about mods for the Console or Mobile versions (any platform) - we do not permit mods for either on this site.

Does the EULA say anything about withholding bugs from the developers? Obviously since you aren't linking it I am trusting you on your word.

I'm assuming that you are talking about the PC Windows version here (and soon to be on OSX and Linux).

You cannot distribute any of Terraria's source code, and you may not distribute a modification which bypasses Steam's DRM. You also cannot distribute a modification that provides the game for free. A patch, DLL or binary diff would be preferable - something that could be applied to a valid copy of the game. Standalone EXE's are suspicious to us and may require prior approval of Re-Logic to distribute here.

If you're talking about mods for the Console or Mobile versions (any platform) - we do not permit mods for either on this site.

Yes I meant the PC Version. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

You cannot distribute any of Terraria's source code, and you may not distribute a modification which bypasses Steam's DRM. You also cannot distribute a modification that provides the game for free.

Pretty much counts for all Steam games right? Wouldn't it be quite stupid to allow that? :redmunch:

Heh. I kinda guessed as much with the selling. Wouldn't want to do that to Red anyways. :p

What about distribution though? Are there certain rules towards that? Do I have to make a DLL or patch file, or can I distribute the EXE without the contents folder.

my specific question toward the EULA is if we are allowed to use resources of the game for other projects such as a gaming presentation

such as a screen shot of an item or the item texture file its self? even playing a sound in the presentation. like something like that. are resources from terraria allowed to be used in other mediums of content?

EDIT: sorry for not replying :( wasnt getting notifications that people were replying

A presentation for what?
I am making a presentation about video games and how they are made. I want to start with how the bare basics such as audio files and picture files mold together with code to form a functioning game.

in my presentation i wanted to do something like this.
"So to make a game, it isnt all about code and having skill to code. That is only part of it. To make a real game, you must have teams dedicated to certain skills. For instance, most dev teams will have a team that makes audio for the game. The audio aspect can range from ambient music to sound effects for ingame use. Example, when drinking a potion in terraria, some one had to make this sound effect *plays stand alone sound effect*. With out that, the game would be a bit bland but also a bit unoticable. it is quite surprising how much one tiny sound can really add to the game. Games also need graphics last time i saw. *displays a sprite from terraria* some one apart of the Re-Logic team had to have made this for this to even exist visibly. yes it may exist in code, but for it to be seen in game, it needs this specific resource.
Making games isnt all about code and some one's knowledge of code. Games cant be made from a one man band consisting of just a coder." Goes on with rest of presentation and how gaming has changed society.

I'm just asking if this is doable. is it possible for me to use resources from Terraria without hassle or some sort of legal conditions. If legal conditions are involved, then i will just have to use my own content instead of demonstrating what some one else has made.

Last edited:
So just like a presentation for a class? I don't see why this would be an issue if so - but I can check if you would like.

So just like a presentation for a class? I don't see why this would be an issue if so - but I can check if you would like.
yes. for my programing class. so it is ok i am able to use sprite and sound files from the game? checking would be highly appreciated. Basically i wanted to know if i could use resource files w/o being in trouble xD

if you could, just tell me the rules pertaining using resources/assets used in the game.

Back
Top Bottom