Ever created a "Vault of items?" - Like a museum of displaying things?

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
Has anyone here ever made some kind of a massive museum of the items in the game? Like, they make an entire building just to showcase the boss trophies they've collected?

If they have, that means they've probably had to do a lot of math. There's all kinds of little measurements that need to be taken in order to make sure everything aligns right. The trophies are three tiles wide and need to be treated that way in terms of stacking multiple trophies near each other in alignment with the rest of the building. You need to know how many trophies there are and where they'll go in relation to the order that you defeat the bosses in. Know what I mean?

Every little detail for this sort of thing needs to be accounted for. When I build a building, I'm building it inside of a giant enclosed, walled-off area so enemies can't spawn within it. That means I need to know how big to make the building's exterior to fit within the giant paranoia-dome encapsulating my town. So how do you know how big to make the building? You have to know how many paintings there are and how big each one of them is.

So it's almost as if you should make the interior of the building first without building walls around it. Obviously no NPCs will be moving in at this point, or hopefully at all.

Then we have to know how many paintings there are that we need to make room for. We can look at the wiki page for that nice and easily, but we also have to know how many paintings there are of what size. We can do that by simply counting. Of course, we also need to know how we're going to arrange or categorize them. Do we do it by size? Do we do it by theme? Do we do it by where they're found?

It sounds like I'm overthinking this but I'm just documenting the thought process that goes into it. Just as a lifetime is made out of years and experiences, which are made up of seconds and individual footsteps, these categorical actions are made up of their minutia, all of which are non-trivial and can feel permanent if you don't do it right the first time. You really do need to make a plan to make it feel like you did it right, which means you'll (Hopefully) feel happy enough by it to make yourself feel proud of your achievements in organizing and arranging beautiful hand-crafted works of art and personal victories of combat prowess of exploration (Or just sheer chance.) - Rather than just feeling disgusted with yourself that you slapped down any random object in any random location within an arbitrary container of a building.

-----------

tl;dr - How do you arrange your trophy / painting / art displays and why?

Back
Top Bottom