tModLoader Extra Gunslinger Gear

Hey Tenebris I am literally not good at anything mod related but I was wondering if there was anything i could do to help make this mod better. Anyways thanks dude.

I will update the OP in a few hours with the new content, just getting some rest. This week has been stressful. I couldn't figure out how to recreate the glow of the Vortex equipment, so sadly my Vortex Pulse Rifle does *not* glow in the dark or animate. I will update this as soon as I figure out how to do so, but I have been trying to figure this out for a few days now without success.

I renamed the mod to "Extra Gunslinger Gear" as I plan on adding more items and accessories other than assault rifles, such as the endless pouches that are already in the mod. I will not, however, add things that bloat up the mod, such as random bosses or potions.

If you don't mind a suggestion I've got an idea for a new ammo type that I think would fit in with the mod I just lack the coding ability to make it myself. 70 musket balls and one flare craft to make 70 incendiary rounds. Same damage as standard musket balls but inflicts the On Fire debuff.

NEW UPDATE. Update the mod again if you updated about 5 mins ago, since I did two back-to-back updates :p I added a new bullet type (thanks Proxiehunter ;) ) and tweaked some things.

so is the infinite fire pouch not for gel? I got the impression that it was because it required a large amount of gel

Just got to try out the incendiary bullets, a great early game round or if you're stuck in a world like the one I recently made where the game seems to be hiding any ore higher tier than tin. Thinking of also grabbing that mod that makes ammo switching in mid fight easier so I can light bosses up with the incendiary rounds and then switch to silver/tungsten/meteor until they go out and need me to ignite them again.

I love taking suggestions! Just make sure they are related to gunslingers. :p Right now I'm working on accessories and maybe an early game armor set.
whatever you do please don't make another common asf mob that drops tons of a material only useful really early game. also does flamethrower count as a gun to you

I try to go by what can be used with the mask. And I only want to add an early game armor because there are enough hardmode armors for guns. I don't want to add too much unnecessary "fluff" content to my mod, and without adding a new boss or biome, I don't see the need for a new set of gunslinger armor for hardmode.

Maybe you can add a railgun type weapon into the mod. It could be either a post mech boss of post plantera weapon and fire rails at enemies, it'd have a slow fire rate but have a massive amount of damage associated with it and can pierce, it'd be best at taking down crowds of enemies than a single target

Maybe you can add a railgun type weapon into the mod. It could be either a post mech boss of post plantera weapon and fire rails at enemies, it'd have a slow fire rate but have a massive amount of damage associated with it and can pierce, it'd be best at taking down crowds of enemies than a single target
Like the one in Thorium?

Really loving the double barreled musket and the rend asunder. Packing the first for when I need the knockback and the second for when I need to just chew the enemy to bits at high speed.

The game really does need some more pre-hardmode ranged armor for gunslinger characters though, I'm just trying to think of a way to make it gunslinger oriented in theme. I'd say something either just before or right after the eye. There's already the Necro set in the dungeon in vanilla that should be okay up to the wall of flesh and Thorium adds a post goblin invasion ranged set made of yew wood so sometime before the brain/eater would seem like the right point to add one.

Maybe something requiring gel and a solidifier so you have to beat the slime king first? Silk and gel blocks to make a kevlar suit? Say defence 9 (equal to full Iron armor with the Iron armor set bonus included where Thorium's Yew Wood armor is equal to full Silver armor with the Silver armor set bonus included) plus whatever bonuses to ranged attacks.

Or skip the solidifier if you think most people are likely to hit a goblin invasion before fighting the slime king. The later is dependant on either a slime rain or finding enough platinum/gold and a ruby to make a crown. Goblin invasions just require breaking an orb/heart which gunslingers want to do as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom