Game Mechanics Eye of Cthulhu random eye color

Nice idea but it'd need to extend farther than just the boss to be worth it. For example, what if you could get his iris and do something with it like maybe make glow in the dark paint or something?

Its a nice little idea that I feel would add a bit to the game, I just have a few questions.
The Eye of Cthulhu has 2 colors in his eye. A blue part and a green part.
Eye_of_Cthulhu.png

Is your idea changing the color of the blue part, the green part or both?

-No eye color (0.5%)
May I ask, what color is no color? Is it white? Is it black? But those are both already things you've put. So how does no eye color work? Is it see through?

Well, i think this applies to cats as well, id just make brown dominant, let me think of the chances of eye colors
Well Cthulhu isnt a cat either. Besides, the most iconic Eye of Cthulhu is the blue and green one, so I think that would make more sense to be the dominant one

Its a nice little idea that I feel would add a bit to the game, I just have a few questions.
The Eye of Cthulhu has 2 colors in his eye. A blue part and a green part.
Eye_of_Cthulhu.png

Is your idea changing the color of the blue part, the green part or both?

May I ask, what color is no color? Is it white? Is it black? But those are both already things you've put. So how does no eye color work? Is it see through?

Well Cthulhu isnt a cat either. Besides, the most iconic Eye of Cthulhu is the blue and green one, so I think that would make more sense to be the dominant one
To answer your questions, it would be the blue part getting changed. And no eye color means that both the blue and black part are gone. Creepy huh?

TAnd no eye color means that both the blue and black part are gone. Creepy huh?
I dont really know if that answers my question.

Whats left when you take away the blue and the black part? Would it be grey or something? Would it be see through? Would the green dominate the empty parts?

I dont really know if that answers my question.

Whats left when you take away the blue and the black part? Would it be grey or something? Would it be see through? Would the green dominate the empty parts?
Whelp, I'm face palming today, aren't I? The blue and black are replaced by white. Sorry about that :dryadcry:

This is a great suggestion. However, I do not support it. This is because Cthulhu probably has 1 eye color for a reason. Think about it, although you can kill EOC a bunch of times, it is still the Eye of Cthulhu. And Cthulhu probably doesn't have 50 different eye colors

Blue is an iconic color that contrasts with both the black of the iris and white of the sclera. Changing the color, while nice, would end up losing the good-looking effect that blue has. The non-worldly colors would make the boss look quite ridiculous indeed, and reduce the slight creepiness factor that comes from taking appearance of a human eye.
"Perhaps green would be acceptable, though?" This would conflict with Spazmatism; to change the color of Spazmatism would mean changing the color of Retinazer. To change the color to a different shade of green would once again lose the sense of creepiness.
While it could certainly be considered a "nice touch", it would be far more trouble than it's worth.

This is a great suggestion. However, I do not support it. This is because Cthulhu probably has 1 eye color for a reason. Think about it, although you can kill EOC a bunch of times, it is still the Eye of Cthulhu. And Cthulhu probably doesn't have 50 different eye colors
He also probably doesn't have 50+ eyes for you to fight, but you can.

its a fine idea and im glad its not like another thread i saw where it had stats and crap but this is rather just a small change to add more variety. support

This idea seems rather successful. Honestly, a small addition like this isn't totally necessary but it would be nice to have.

Who cares? They're not even really Cthulhu's eyes. They're just named the Eye of Cthulhu.
Well, yeah. But what if his eyes are like regenerating or something? The genes in his body would have it so they always come the same color... RIght?

Really? The genes have nothing to do with your eyes, your eyes are your eyes, try taking off your contact and see what happens.
Dr.Sonic, why would they be named eyes of *Insert octopus god here* if they wernt his eyes?

Really? The genes have nothing to do with your eyes, your eyes are your eyes, try taking off your contact and see what happens.
Dr.Sonic, why would they be named eyes of *Insert octopus god here* if they wernt his eyes?
"The genes have nothing to do with your eyes"
Excuse me? Did the fairy godmother make your eyes or something? No? Then I guess it was the genes handed down though countless generations of evolutionary miracles.

OT: I quite like this suggestion. May I suggest a very rare shimmering-effect iris? I know it isn't very accurate to real eyes, but I think it would be neat.
Edit: I didn't see that rainbow was already up there. Changed it to shimmering.

Back
Top Bottom